XF 2.2 Stuck in 'upgrade' mode?

twhiting9275

So, it seems there's something in my db causing this error

Code:
The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

Visit siteurl/install/ , I'm told that the site is upgraded and installed.
Rebuild the languages and phrases, and I'm told all is good, and given the admin url to login

Try to login to the admin page (or view any page on the forum)?
Code:
The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

Rinse, wash, repeat

Do a fresh install? why, look, it works just fine. Try to go back to the old database? Nope

What, in the database, is causing this redirect?

That sounds like a server side caching issue.

Is it for the site in your account?
I navigated to the URL and all that is served is a completely blank page with no content.

That sounds like a server side caching issue.
I know how to test things. I also know what works, and what doesn't work. No, this is not a 'caching issue'
There is literally something in the database causing this issue.
How do I know this? It's actually very easy to test and figure out
Step 1: reinstall everything
Step 2: watch it work fine
Step 3: Switch fresh install configuration to old database
Step 4: get the precise error message I've given

something in the database is causing this. What?

incompatible add-on? I have seen similar happen before from not checking to make sure the add-ons were compatible with the newer version.
No, this started happening before the upgrade. Silly me thought upgrading would get rid of it, or that this was stopped by XF, given the wording of that error. How crazy is that?

For future reference, this really should be made more clearer... Something like
An addon is preventing your forum from loading properly

I very distinctly remember that addon giving issues when I last upgraded everything, but since the forum loaded (then), didn't think twice about it. Soon as I saw it in that table with the 'is_processing' bit, I just mentally slapped myself.

Not a huge thing to get rid of , once you know what it is. It's getting to that point.

You could also try debug mode - it may (or may not) give you some insight as to what's going on.

Add this to the src/config.php file - $config['debug'] = true;

🤔Think this just started happening on my forum too.

Was logged in via mobile PWA about 5-10 minutes ago....💥 suddenly it refreshed to a blank white screen with that text across the top: "The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later."

But apparently the forum is still working fine if I use Brave.

🤔Think this just started happening on my forum too.

Was logged in via mobile PWA about 5-10 minutes ago....💥 suddenly it refreshed to a blank white screen with that text across the top: "The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later."

But apparently the forum is still working fine if I use Brave.
Well...it seems to have fixed itself now.

Top Bottom