XF 1.5 Include Bd Widgets in my custom templates

I need to include some widgets in my custom templates in the central content and not in the sidebar.
As far as I understood, from the BD widget panel I can add a widget to the sidebar only.

Now, for instance, i would need to add the Threads Widget to my homepage custom template.
So ideally I should add this xen:include directive inside my template:

<xen:include template="wf_widget_threads" />

The problem is my template doesn't have the right data needed by the wf_widget_threads template, so it doesn't show up.

Am I exploring the right way to fulfill my purpose? Or is there another way? What am i missing?

I need to include some widgets in my custom templates in the central content and not in the sidebar.
As far as I understood, from the BD widget panel I can add a widget to the sidebar only.

Now, for instance, i would need to add the Threads Widget to my homepage custom template.
So ideally I should add this xen:include directive inside my template:

<xen:include template="wf_widget_threads" />

The problem is my template doesn't have the right data needed by the wf_widget_threads template, so it doesn't show up.

Am I exploring the right way to fulfill my purpose? Or is there another way? What am i missing?
Widgets can be placed anywhere I think if you provide hooks for them to show... You can create a custom hook in your template and then specify that in the widget you create.

At least that's how I understand it :)

Top Bottom