1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inbox alert Icon v1

This alteration will display a image above the inbox link when you recieve a PC.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Shelley submitted a new resource:

Inbox alert Icon (version v1) - This alteration will display a image above the inbox link when you recieve a PC.

Read more about this resource...
    resonansER, ArnyVee, Sylar and 4 others like this.
  2. Shelley

Additional Note: Anyone wishing to re-colour the envelope can do by adjusting the colours on the psd image i provided (below) via the attachment in this thread.

Attached Files:

princedusat and Adam Howard like this.
  3. ip0dhacker

ip0dhacker Active Member

Love all of your works man. Keep it up :)
  4. Brian Roberts

Brian Roberts Member

good job shellby i always like your template changes in mods, very well done.
  5. aresoto

aresoto Member

hello, I have done what you indicate (modify the extra.css in templates) and no way to see the envelope when I have a question, change the code so
    .navTabs .inbox .itemCount {
    background: url("images/icons/alert_inbox.png") no-repeat scroll center transparent;
    line-height: 13px;
    box-shadow: none;
    height: 22px;
    min-width: 25px;
    color: #4c4c4c;
    top: -13px;}
    .navTabs .inbox .itemCount .arrow { border-width: 0; }
  6. AWS

AWS Well-Known Member

Just seen this. Just what I needed. Users are asking for this and PM popup on new message. One problem solved. Thanks Shelley.
    Shelley likes this.
  7. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

This looks great. Wonderful! You are a wealth of ideas!
  8. jayramfootball

jayramfootball Active Member

I like this, but how do you centralise the message count in the envelope?
  9. Shelley

Change the line-height to around 20px
    jayramfootball likes this.
  10. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I use Ubuntu, which means there is no direct way to convert a psd to svg file. I can open a psd and save it in many file formats, including psd, but there is no direct path from psd to svg in Ubuntu. Which is odd, because I can save any other file format into a svg, but if you know anything about image quality, saving png for example into an svg does not upscale the quality.

Anyways.... I wanted this as an svg for higher resolution support.

Here is the code I used

/* Notice alert icon */
    .navTabs .inbox .itemCount {
    backgroundurl("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/envelope.svg"no-repeat scroll center transparent;
    top: -13px;}

navTabs .inbox .itemCount .arrow border-width0; }
    /* END Notice alert icon */
    Attached is both the small svg icon I used and the original large (very large at 1488x1448) svg that you may change and edit if you wish.

Attached Files:

princedusat likes this.