• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Inbox alert Icon

Inbox alert Icon v1

No permission to download

Shelley

Shelley submitted a new resource:

Inbox alert Icon (version v1) - This alteration will display a image above the inbox link when you recieve a PC.

View attachment 37677

Summary: This alteration will changed the default standard alerts on the inbox and display an envelope icon although I encourage to use a better image than the one I provided. Standard alerts are untouched and will display the balloon.
notes: If you have a custom navigation you may need to re-position the Icon as this was tested on a default installation.

Install: Simply upload the Icon to your...
Read more about this resource...

hello, I have done what you indicate (modify the extra.css in templates) and no way to see the envelope when I have a question, change the code so
Code:
.navTabs .inbox .itemCount {
background: url("images/icons/alert_inbox.png") no-repeat scroll center transparent;
line-height: 13px;
box-shadow: none;
height: 22px;
min-width: 25px;
color: #4c4c4c;
top: -13px;}

.navTabs .inbox .itemCount .arrow { border-width: 0; }

AWS

Just seen this. Just what I needed. Users are asking for this and PM popup on new message. One problem solved. Thanks Shelley.

Adam Howard

I use Ubuntu, which means there is no direct way to convert a psd to svg file. I can open a psd and save it in many file formats, including psd, but there is no direct path from psd to svg in Ubuntu. Which is odd, because I can save any other file format into a svg, but if you know anything about image quality, saving png for example into an svg does not upscale the quality.

Anyways.... I wanted this as an svg for higher resolution support.

Here is the code I used

Extra.css
PHP:
/* Notice alert icon */
.navTabs .inbox .itemCount {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/envelope.svg") no-repeat scroll center transparent;
    line-height: 20px;
    box-shadow: none;
    height: 20px;
    min-width: 25px;
    color: #4c4c4c;
    top: -13px;}

.navTabs .inbox .itemCount .arrow { border-width: 0; }
/* END Notice alert icon */
Attached is both the small svg icon I used and the original large (very large at 1488x1448) svg that you may change and edit if you wish.

Attachments