XF 2.2 Bug? Alert icon shows "New" count even if none

creativeforge

Not sure of it is a bug or what it is related to, but when we change page, the bell icon shows a count and red bubble, the nothing.

If you click any of these threads, you will see it. Plus it shows twice, something I had fixed before 2.2.2. The bell in the member applet disappears within a second.

Thanks for any help.

Andre

alerts.webp

did you wind up fixing this?
I think we are having the same problem, whenever I, or anyone else logs on, the alert red bubble will show some number, lets say 12 notifications, and immediately change to the actual, like 4. this has been happening since the last upgrade, and I'm not quite sure how to fix it.
thanks
Hey, very sorry, I just saw your post. Sadly I don't remember how I fixed it. Are you referring to mobile or desktop?

ok dude but how can it be taken to the right side
I'm sorry but I do not truly understand what you are referring to. What can be moved to the right, the red bubble as it refers to the bell icon? Or the bell icon as referring to the default position? Can you share what you have on your forum right now?

I'm sorry but I do not truly understand what you are referring to. What can be moved to the right, the red bubble as it refers to the bell icon? Or the bell icon as referring to the default position? Can you share what you have on your forum right now?
alerts.webp

the notification bubble here is normally on the left side I want to show this on the right side

default theme I use
Like I mentioned, I don't use the default.

But it's called the badgeContainer, so do a template search for : .badgeContainer (note the dot as well)

In the results, select the template that has a .less at the end so it does not get changed upon updates.

In my template, I get this:

Code:
// Notifications alignment
.p-navgroup-link--conversations,
.p-navgroup-link--alerts{

&.badgeContainer::after{
        left: auto;
        right: 4px;
    }
}

Yours probably shows .badgeContainer::before .

&.badgeContainer::after is what you want. So just change before with after.

Hope it works the same for you.

Andre

Like I mentioned, I don't use the default.

But it's called the badgeContainer, so do a template search for : .badgeContainer (note the dot as well)

In the results, select the template that has a .less at the end so it does not get changed upon updates.

In my template, I get this:

Code:
// Notifications alignment
.p-navgroup-link--conversations,
.p-navgroup-link--alerts{

&.badgeContainer::after{
        left: auto;
        right: 4px;
    }
}

Yours probably shows .badgeContainer::before .

&.badgeContainer::after is what you want. So just change before with after.

Hope it works the same for you.

Andre
thank you so much

Top Bottom