Inactive Members

Inactive Members 4.1

No permission to download
@AndyB

Could you create an option that the mail is only sent to a given usergroup? Or exclude usergroups?
Would be handy for the community on my forum.

Thanks in advance,

This addon looks very promising @AndyB .

I have 250 inactive users and would like to start sending 25 emails. Does your addon remember which users already received a reminder email? I would like to avoid sending several emails to a single person when changing the settings.

Can I please make a suggestion to improve this awesome addon.

Assuming I've chosen to send reminders after 30 days of inactivity for upto 120 days in the options panel.
Can the cron run daily, and each day send only to members inactive for exactly 30, 60, 90 and 120 days. Rather than doing a large batch once a month?

This avoids having a large batch of emails going out each month, spreads the server load and ensures members get a reminder to come back on their 30 days anniversary, rather than up to 2 months later if they joined just after the day the cron runs.

It should be quite simple to implement this, and will address many questions or reservations people have already posted on here.

Has this been confirmed working with XF 1.5? Think I have some issues as well with the mail sending.

Edit: no Mail issues with The plugin.

Last edited:
Hi

I am using this addon version 3.2 with xenforo 1.5. Since xenforo improved their batch sending, I tried now the experiment to send 20.000 users an email with this addon without dividing it into several groups.

The addon startet as usual, but after a few minutes, the browser (firefox) did not show the circulating sign anymore. So I thought it did not work.

But now I see n the front end, that tha amount of guests in the forum is increasing significantly. So at least some emails seems to be sent.

Is there a way to check how many emails have been sent and/or to which users?

What is the maximum amount of emails per ACP settings, which you would recommend to send? I did already 6.000 per filter (via days and amount of postings) successfully with XF1.5 in the past.

Nice plugin. How do I change the big "Latest topics." heading in the emails it sends? I could not find it in any related phrases.

EDIT: Oh, I've found out that it changes with the subject (inactivemembers_subject).

Is there a cron job related to this add on? I had emails sent out this morning from this add on on its own I believe.

Hello @AndyB

There are some problems on Xenforo 1.5.1 (no problem on older xenforo versions)

Server Error Log Console says:

Options "Include Forums" information missing.
Todat 11:01 - library/Andy/InactiveMembers/CronEntry/InactiveMembers.php:37​

Can I please make a suggestion to improve this awesome addon.

Assuming I've chosen to send reminders after 30 days of inactivity for upto 120 days in the options panel.
Can the cron run daily, and each day send only to members inactive for exactly 30, 60, 90 and 120 days. Rather than doing a large batch once a month?

This avoids having a large batch of emails going out each month, spreads the server load and ensures members get a reminder to come back on their 30 days anniversary, rather than up to 2 months later if they joined just after the day the cron runs.

It should be quite simple to implement this, and will address many questions or reservations people have already posted on here.

This would be nice to have.

This doesn't seem to be working on v1.5. The cron fired off and 10 minutes later not a single email was sent, it should have sent to thousands of members.

Sending the sample email to myself works fine.

We relay email via mandrillapp, the weekly digest works fine. If you have any suggestions i'd be keen to hear them.

Update:

If I run it manually I get the following error no matter if I relay through mandrill or send via sendmail:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/#username#/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(367) : eval()'d code on line 3

thanks

Last edited:
It is working on 1.5.

Looks more that you try to send too many mails at one time.

Don't send too many emails at one time:

Sending thousands of emails at one time can cause errors. If your option settings select thousands of members, I suggest you break up the batches into smaller ones, Here's an example how to do that:

Batch #1
Make the Minimum Posts be 10,000 and Maximum Posts be 100,000

Batch #2
Make the Minimum Posts be 1,000 and Maximum Posts be 9,999

Batch #3
Make the Minimum Posts be 1 and Maximum Posts be 999

Q: pls advise where I can get "Forum IDs"? My forums bare names only....
A: Forum's ID is displayed in the very bottom at left corner.

Thanks to Andy, he advised where IDs live in no time.
Perfect direct support from the author!

Last edited:
Top Bottom