1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inactive Members 3.6

Sends an email to all inactive members.

1. AndyB
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Description:

Sends an email to all inactive members. The email is designed to encourage inactive members to visit your forum and includes a list of latest topics which hopefully sparks an interest.

(Example of email message)

pic001.jpg

(Example of Options page)

pic002.jpg

(Example of Inactive Members main page)

pic003.jpg

(Example of User Group Permissions)

pic004.jpg

Features:
    • Main page identifies number of emails that will be sent.
    • Ability to send a sample email to yourself.
    • Emails are never sent to banned members.
    • Email are never sent to members that have selected not to receive site mailings.
    • Emails are never sent to members with bounced email status.
    • Latest topics ordered by thread view count.
    • Unsubscribe link provided.
    • Can be run manually or automatically from a Cron.
    Installation:
    1. Download inactivemembers_v3.6.zip and unzip it.
    2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
    3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
    4. Upload the addon-InactiveMembers_v3.6.xml file.
    5. Click the Install Add-on button.
    How to use step 1:
    1. Go to User Group Permissions and set the Administrative group to "Allow", this will allow the Administrative group to use the Inactive Members main page.
    2. Go to Inactive Members Options page and update fields
    3. Make sure the two email addresses are set in your Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Contact Email Address
      Admin CP -> Options -> Email Options -> Default Email Address

4. Bring up the Main page by entering "inactivemembers" after the root portion of your forum URL. Here are a few examples depending on how you set up your forum:

Examples
      Code:
      http://www.example.com/inactivemembers/
      http://www.example.com/index.php?inactivemembers/

5. Click the send sample email link and verify email received looks correct
    How to use step 2:
    1. Use the Options settings and adjust the parameters as you like, or use the default settings.
    2. Click the "Send batch emails to X inactive members" link.
    Don't send too many emails at one time:

Sending thousands of emails at one time can cause errors. If your option settings select thousands of members, I suggest you break up the batches into smaller ones, Here's an example how to do that:

Batch #1
    Make the Minimum Posts be 10,000 and Maximum Posts be 100,000

Batch #2
    Make the Minimum Posts be 1,000 and Maximum Posts be 9,999

Batch #3
    Make the Minimum Posts be 1 and Maximum Posts be 999

How to edit the email message:

If you would like to change the email message, edit the following phrase:

inactivemembers_message

All phrases start with inactivemembers_ for easy editing.

There are two variables which can be used in the message, {username} and {board_title}.

Run Cron option:

The Cron option check box allows running the add-on automatically. If checked the emails will be sent automatically on the first day of every month. By default this check box is not selected and requires the add-on to be run manually.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Can this add-on send emails automatically?
    A: Yes. Just select the Run Cron option.

Q: When will the Cron run?
    A: It will run on the first of every month.

Q: Can the Cron be set to run over one month?
    A: No. XenForo has a limit of one month maximum for Cron jobs.

Q: How can I send a test email?
    A: Typically the admin has more posts than any other member, so set the Minimum Posts in the Options to a very high number so only you the admin will receive an email.

Q: Does it send emails to those with a user_state of 'bounced'?
    A: No.​

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
    Sadik B, iorG19, ncbetz and 21 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. See description
  2. See description
  3. See description

Recent Reviews

1. Skylined
    Skylined
    5/5,
    Version: 3.6
    Great addon! One of the best ways to bring back your old and inactive users and keep them engaged.
    Just set it and forget about it, it's totally automatic.
  2. Sam F
    Sam F
    5/5,
    Version: 3.4
    Great Add-on, A must have if you want to keep your members actively involved in your forums discussions, it’s like a reminder saying don’t forget to check out the latest discussions. Andy your attention to detail is impressive. Keep up the great work! Without some of your add-on’s our forum would not be as active as it has become. Nor would it be such a cool forum to belong. Thanks for the countless hrs of hard work you have put into all your add-on’s.
  3. bibitbunga
    bibitbunga
    5/5,
    Version: 3.4
    great! we have so many inactive members and hope this will get some of them back. thank you very much for the addon
  4. Dadparvar
    Dadparvar
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2
    Must have! Really great tool. I'm always interested in these kind of tools that do things automatically as you wish. And of course neat and clean.
  5. Cyb3r
    Cyb3r
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2
    This the best add-on for me right now, it can be used as newsletter just set the minimum days to 0 and it'll send the message to all members even you, i was looking for a newsletter add-on but found this more useful and practical, really awesome job here!
  6. treguard
    treguard
    4/5,
    Version: 3.1
    Great addon, recommended. It would better if the number of emails sent out could be throttled easily / batched somehow. I'm going to send out a mail to my inactive members once a month.
  7. Axel B
    Axel B
    5/5,
    Version: 2.9
    A must have if you want to keep your members. Install, set the right paramenters and goto sleep. It will do the work for you ;) Gotta love all the excellent addons made by Andy ;)
  8. kaieivindm
    kaieivindm
    5/5,
    Version: 2.9
    Outstanding add-on! Had some issues which Andy fixed within very short amount of time! Top support and feedback! Very usefull add-on and recommend it for admins who needs to keep inactive users up to date!
  9. Core Freedom
    Core Freedom
    5/5,
    Version: 2.6
    Another outstanding add-on, Andy! Another step towards automating some board functions. This makes my life so much easier, I'm ecstatic!. Thanks so much!
  10. Dan Hawkins
    Dan Hawkins
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5
    Great Add-on as always Andy. Works like a charm, found out I have nearly 700 inactive members since the forum migration - a great way to reach out to members who have stopped using the forum too!.. Is there a way to edit the email template? That would be cool so I can control what's being sent :)