Inactive Members

Inactive Members 4.1

No permission to download
Same same. I tried to enter my user ID in the new option and manually run the cron job, but I didn't get any test mail either.

same problem - no permissions to access the page, and no Inactive Members permissions available to be selected. Cron job works.

AndyB updated Inactive Members with a new update entry:

See description

Inactive Members v3.8 changes:

1) Removed no longer needed Route Prefix.
2) Added a check for valid Language ID.

Please note this add-on no longer supports running manually from URL. It will run by Cron Entry on the first of every month.

When upgrading I suggest deleting the entire Andy/InactiveMembers folder first that way you will not have any extra unneeded folders on your server.

Read the rest of this update entry...

You can manually amend cron settings a few times a month to send out emails as many times as you wish. By default it is set for 1st of each month so the next scheduled run is on 1 Feb. You can amend it to 15 of Jan for instance, and run it a week later as well by setting to 23 of Jan following the completion of first run.

can't you just disable the cron and go in and activate it when you want to send the email out?
upload_2017-1-5_16-29-9.webp

Seriously? Sure, it would work but leaves open the possibility of the mailing going out when you don't want it to. I don't think there's a problem with having an optional cron setup but in my opinion there should be a completely manual alternative like there is now, bypassing any need for playing with the cron.

FWIW, I usually tweak the phrases before each mailing, so cron mode just doesn't work for me.

I could maybe understand not adding manual mode if it wasn't already part of the add-on, but it has been there since Inactive Members was released... why remove it?

can't you just disable the cron and go in and activate it when you want to send the email out?

View attachment 145918

Seriously? Sure, it would work but leaves open the possibility of the mailing going out when you don't want it to. I don't think there's a problem with having an optional cron setup but in my opinion there should be a completely manual alternative like there is now, bypassing any need for playing with the cron.

FWIW, I usually tweak the phrases before each mailing, so cron mode just doesn't work for me.

I could maybe understand not adding manual mode if it wasn't already part of the add-on, but it has been there since Inactive Members was released... why remove it?
Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 9.21.31 PM.webp

In addition to what I've mentioned above, I also use the manual interface page to send out test emails and to create batches of email so they don't all go out at the same time (which can cause the browser page to time out during the send).

I won't be "updating" and will find a suitable alternative.

Wait, so manually send test mail doesnt work any longer? Or am I totally missunderstanding here?

And the cron can be more than 1 day each month? By pressing ctrl and choose the dates you want?

//edit: got the info needed from Andy, all good.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

it would be more nice, when threads from the same forum would be grouped - it looks not so fine, when more than one thread comes from the same forum. Can we change this?

Thanks for the addon. :)

Apologies if this has been asked previously, but is there any way to add a proper "unsubscribe" function to the emails? (one that doesn't necessitate logging in).

We have a number of disabled usergroups that prevent members from properly accessing the options to remove themselves from the mailing list.

This is also important to comply with more modern bulk emailing standards of practice and can help with deliverability.

Top Bottom