Inactive Members

Inactive Members 4.1

No permission to download
I downloaded this plug-in yesterday, and setup was easy, permissions and figure out how the config was.
I sent out a test template for admin, which was OK, and changed all I needed for the mail to be proper before I sent to the inactive members.

Then when all done, and to my liking I sent it out to the users matching the criteria.
Today I got feedback that it was sent out successfully to members, BUT username was MIXED UP!

1 user got mail with another username on it?!?! I know this becuase he told me so, my fear is that lots of the mails has now been sent out to users with wrong username in the text. Is there a way to verify this? via logs or something?
For me this is a security issue, and not professionaly done, since they can reset password on their email with wrong username?

Please look into this, and other users of this plugin should cross check their own batches see if any members got mails with wrong username in it.

Thanks @AndyB for the quick fix! This has been solved with a new update.

edit: just to confirm, it was never any security issues with reseting passwords.

One more issue perhaps?

Is that one of my moderators, part of admin as secondary group, will get the mail saying "Hi Admin" and not "Hi username".
Would assume this goes for other secondary groups too? And all mods.

This is not an issue. Confirmed from @AndyB

Thanks.

Last edited:
@AndyB is it possible to:

1) have logs available, showing the users it has sent to?
2) move the "send" button and statistics into the admin part in ACP of the add-on, instead of have a separate site for it?

Hi. There's a problem with the message subject. It is sending the phrase name (I guess). Here take a look
inactive.webp

EDIT: It has been resolved after re-installing the add-on. I think the owner of admin zone forum needs to check this as well because they sent me an email containing the same thing.

Last edited:
Yes a log would be nice :)

Also the possibility to include admin to the recipient just to have a look to the emails sent

Hi. There's a problem with the message subject. It is sending the phrase name (I guess). Here take a look
View attachment 92627

EDIT: It has been resolved after re-installing the add-on. I think the owner of admin zone forum needs to check this as well because they sent me an email containing the same thing.

Yeah, ours is fixed as well. The malfunction was caused by installing the Inactive Members add-on Using @Waindigo's Install & Upgrade add-on.

Xon -- when you say ALL emails, do you mean even ones that add-ons might use?
Yes. I really dislike email not being queued :)

I'm thinking specifically of this one that we use a lot:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/inactive-members.69518

This thing can generate literally 3-4,000 emails in a batch, and I don't think mandrill appreciates it when we suddenly dump all of them in! @AndyB says in the description of the addon that 'sending too many e-mails can cause errors', so I assume he's not using the mail queue... I could be wrong.
Andy's addon does do queuing, it's one of the major upgrades. However email queuing just means it sends one email at a time, and doesn't do any rate limiting by itself.

You see some rate limiting as only ~20 or so email are sent per batch and the deferred tasks do not run instantly or continuously. Well unless you use @Mr. Goodie2Shoes's GoodForNothing Shell Defer

Yes. I really dislike email not being queued :)

Andy's addon does do queuing, it's one of the major upgrades. However email queuing just means it sends one email at a time, and doesn't do any rate limiting by itself.

You see some rate limiting as only ~20 or so email are sent per batch and the deferred tasks do not run instantly or continuously. Well unless you use @Mr. Goodie2Shoes's GoodForNothing Shell Defer

I am really surprised no one has written an adjustable mail throttler for XF -- does everyone use a super-robust mail transport, or are many forums just too small to bang up against possible limits?

I am really surprised no one has written an adjustable mail throttler for XF -- does everyone use a super-robust mail transport, or are many forums just too small to bang up against possible limits?
The bigger forums, I'm guessing they either don't care or use a local outbound email server. It is fairly easy to setup an email server and apply your own throttling configuration, and then have XF deliver to that.

Does this add on bypass a users privacy setting if "receive site emails" is NOT checked? I just had a member complain of getting an email when i ran this add on this morning, when I checked his settings it was to not get site emails.

@AndyB or anyone else

for new forums which aren't that active, what happens when you specify a forum id where there is no active threads within the past 30 days ? does the addon send a blank thread list email to inactive users ?

thanks

i think you have to specify forums IDs where threads will be included . Even if you dont have very recent thread on specified forum , links will be included the latest . To test it , set Minimum Days, to 1 , create Fake user with legit email that you have access to and dont log in for 24 h , email will be generated, to this user/email and you will see exectly what users will see , but it should be other way to test this , Dev knows better , so eahhh....

http://gyazo.com/18d7ffbb5638d4f20ae7e048fcaf1b8b

I just want to say thanks for all the work that you make available to the public here. I find your add-ons to be quite impressive and to address the needs of a certain type of user of xenforo--one that cares about the little things, which are, I'm told by my members, a deciding factor in whether they stay on or leave a forum.

Top Bottom