• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Improvements to notices

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Well, I wouldn't say they "are quite different". There are certainly similarities (in terms of floating notices). This is really something better discussed in the add-on discussion thread, though.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
No. However, you can "reset" notices, in the Admin CP when editing a notice. This is a manual process but resetting a notice will make the notice re-appear to any one who has already dismissed it.

In terms of dismissing by cookie, this is the dismissal mechanism for guests, but there's nothing like that for members.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Just editing the CSS, basically.

I should probably have added after my previous post, as we usually do, these threads are for demonstrating features and they are not suitable for support.

Please create a new thread in the appropriate forum if you have support questions.

If you have a particularly long notice, is there a way to have it shortened to a blurb with a "read more" link that expands it to display the entire notice?