improve "Confirm Registration" page

erich37

I think this page could be made a bit clearer in order to avoid any confusion:

reg-confirm.webp

1)
Issue:
Currently, the eye of the user is only focusing on the blue-colored "Notice" which says "Resend Confirmation Email".

Suggestion:
Put all text into the blue-colored "Notice-Box".

2)

The user needs "action-able" information:

change the text from:
"Your account is currently awaiting confirmation."
towards:
"Please confirm your E-mail address."

3)

change the text from:
Thanks for registering. In order to complete your registration, you must follow the link in the email that has been sent to you.

towards:
Thanks for registering. In order to complete your registration, please click the confirmation link in the E-mail that has been sent to you.

4)

Maybe add a "Letter image" similar to this example here:

regconexample.webp

:)

Upvote 16
This is another idea:

well, I would not integrate third-party-services like Gmail or Yahoo, etc. that deeply, as there are many people which just use their Email-account of the telecom-provider (internet-provider).
So in case the E-mail of a telecom-provider is used, then this deep integration of third-party-services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) gets a bit messy or difficult to integrate.
IMHO, it's not worth the hassle.

Just making the current page a bit nicer and obvious would be sufficient I guess.

regnew.webp

:)

Last edited:
There's not integration with these email services, it just take the domain of your email and invite you to check there.
if your email is, ie: hi@erich.rocks (your domain is http://erich.rocks) then, it will suggest something like:
Screen shot 2015-10-31 at 12.33.20 PM.webp
Btw, that's not a page. is a simple overlay. all the registration process runs in overlays. much better (y)
---
[off topic:]
there's another nice touch with the avatars.
no more avatars with question mark:

Last edited:
There's not integration with these email services, it just take the domain of your email and invite you to check there.

When my E-mail I am registering with is for example: john.doe@t-online.de

Why would I want to go to the website of my internet-provider (for example: www.t-online.de ) when my E-mail is arriving in my "Outlook-Account" or in my "Thunderbird-Account" ?

I never visit the website of my internet-provider. I just go to my Thunderbird-program to check my incoming mails.

When you're using personal emails or that kind of emails, you should know what's means the message, and where you will find the email confirmation. is not confuse at all, imo. (at least to me xd)

Top Bottom