Impossible to start reading unread thread from first post

This pisses me off to no end, too. I think it's working as intended, but that's why I don't like it!

I'd hate to confuse my tech-illiterate users, so this is one of the first things I'm digging into the code for.

It would be great if an admincp and usercp option were added to change this. Admin says "This is how we do it by default", and User says "But I like it this way, so I'll use it". Win/Win.

YES PLEASE I'm not a coder. All I can do is comment out a chunk if shown where to start or finish.
Or replac e with a new line/ insert new line if shown.
Tweaker?

Would MUCH rather just use an admin CP option.

It goes to the First unread post in a thread, not the last post in the thread. This is more intuitive that just going to the last page by clicking on the arrow icon on other forum software.

It goes to the First unread post in a thread, not the last post in the thread. This is more intuitive that just going to the last page by clicking on the arrow icon on other forum software.
To be fair, vB doesn't take you to the last page, it takes you to the last unread post. Just sayin'.

I'm getting really uncomfortable with this XF habit of opening a thread at some completely random point.

Using IE, it takes me to the newest unread post.

If you click the thread start date, it will always take you to the first post.

how can it be working as expected to take you to the last post on a thread you have never looked at
blink.gif

Personally I think there is a browser issue with how it is meant to be working, it is clearly not working as others describe for those of us on Firefox.

No it doesn't. Not for me anyway. Mostly it takes me to some part of the thread, but not the first post. And this is in threads I have not read previously. So there the first post is the same as the first unread post.

I really like the way it works at the moment, it is a huge time saver to click on the larger thread title instead of a tiny icon before the thread title (in vb). The 1% of the time (or less) I want to go to the beginning of the thread I can click on the start date instead, or even when inside the thread click on page 1.

I really like the way it works at the moment, it is a huge time saver to click on the larger thread title instead of a tiny icon before the thread title (in vb). The 1% of the time (or less) I want to go to the beginning of the thread I can click on the start date instead, or even when inside the thread click on page 1.

If it worked that way for me I would like it too.. but it doesn't, it usually takes me to the last post of a brand new thread I haven't opened before, which is not at all helpful.

If it worked that way for me I would like it too.. but it doesn't it, usually takes me to the last post of a brand new thread I haven't opened before, which is not at all helpful.
In a recently made, completely unread thread, clicking on the thread title takes you to the last post?

If so, that would be a bug I believe.

In a recently made, completely unread thread, clicking on the thread title takes you to the last post?

If so, that would be a bug I believe.

Can you start a new thread in the test forum? And hopefully some whom posted in this thread will reply to it. I want to test it after a few replies are made. (I currently have read all threads :D )

Top Bottom