Impossible to start reading unread thread from first post

yeah seems to be still happening with threads i never read before and never hit mark all threads read either in v1.01 http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-never-read-unread-threads.14972/#post-196166

so am I correct all i need to do is remove this /unread for thread_list_item template ?

Code:
            <h3 class="title">
                <xen:if is="{$thread.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="threads[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" class="InlineModCheck" id="inlineModCheck-thread-{$thread.thread_id}" data-target="#thread-{$thread.thread_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_thread}: '{$thread.title}'" /></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions}"><input type="checkbox" name="thread_ids[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" /></xen:if>
                <!-- TODO: Thread prefix here -->
                <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
                    title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
                    class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
                    data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
                <xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>
            </h3>
so change

Code:
<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"

to

Code:
<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/'}", $thread}"

So is this the correct template mod to get it to go to the last post in threads once read but to still go to the first post in threads you have yet to read?

yeah seems to be still happening with threads i never read before and never hit mark all threads read either in v1.01 http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-never-read-unread-threads.14972/#post-196166

so am I correct all i need to do is remove this /unread for thread_list_item template ?

Code:
            <h3 class="title">
                <xen:if is="{$thread.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="threads[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" class="InlineModCheck" id="inlineModCheck-thread-{$thread.thread_id}" data-target="#thread-{$thread.thread_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_thread}: '{$thread.title}'" /></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions}"><input type="checkbox" name="thread_ids[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" /></xen:if>
                <!-- TODO: Thread prefix here -->
                    title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
                    class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
                    data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
                <xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>
            </h3>
so change

Code:

to

Code:
<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/'}", $thread}"

Thanks for this. As a vbull to xF big board admin there have been a few things like this my members can't deal with. I guess after 10yrs some things simply don't translate. The above might not make sense to break a feature of xF but I don't have time to fields so many complaints about it.

Top Bottom