Impossible to start reading unread thread from first post

hmmmmmmmmmm..... I've never read this thread before. I see that it was posted at 2:55 am, but I haven't read it til now.

When I clicked on the thread title, I was transported to the last post in the thread. I'm wondering why.

Or maybe you opened it on new tab then closed in some way without noticing that? that happened to me once or two.

hmmmmmmmmmm..... I've never read this thread before. I see that it was posted at 2:55 am, but I haven't read it til now.

When I clicked on the thread title, I was transported to the last post in the thread. I'm wondering why.
I'm pretty sure it's still the forum read marking you're doing...

I notice I get taken to the last post in a thread, when clicking thread titles of threads I haven't read yet.

So I then have to go back to the first page and start reading.

Is this a bug, or is it designed this way? Because it's a pain to keep having to click "First page" everytime I want to read a new thread, hehe.

No, it's as designed. Clicking on a thread title takes you to the first unread post.
If you want to go to the first post in a thread then you can click on the timestamp under the thread title.

It is designed this way and is a beauty for active members but i can see how it affects new members. Clicking on the date takes you to the first post BTW.

I find it very annoying. If I haven't visited the thread before, it should take me the first post. Unfortunately, it is constantly taking me to the second or third page so I have to backtrack within the thread. Clicking the timestamp is not intuitive and most people won't think to do so. Especially since it is not formatted as a link.

I find it very annoying. If I haven't visited the thread before, it should take me the first post. Unfortunately, it is constantly taking me to the second or third page so I have to backtrack within the thread. Clicking the timestamp is not intuitive and most people won't think to do so. Especially since it is not formatted as a link.

I mentioned this about a week ago and there has not been any real progress so far :( lol

Yea it's a little odd, I wouldn't think of clicking the date/time, to go to the first post.

It'd be far easier (in my opinion) for the thread title to open the first page/post and a button similiar to VB's "Last post" one, to take you to the last, unread post.

When I first visit a topic, it doesn't always take me to the first post. I'm fine with XF taking me to the first post I haven't read once I've visited a topic. Is this just me, or is this happening to anyone else?

If I click the thread title on a new thread, or thread I haven't yet read, it doesn't take me to the last post in the thread itself, but rather, to some random post
It's a little odd, surely if I haven't read a thread yet, it should take me to the first post?

If I click the thread title on a new thread, or thread I haven't yet read, it doesn't take me to the last post in the thread itself, but rather, to some random post
It's a little odd, surely if I haven't read a thread yet, it should take me to the first post?
Click on the date.

This "click on the date" business is irritating, and the bug still persists. I refuse to relearn to click a date for every single thread I've NEVER READ just to avoid a bug (although I don't think the feature is even intuitive for its intended purpose).

This "click on the date" business is irritating, and the bug still persists. I refuse to relearn to click a date for every single thread I've NEVER READ just to avoid a bug (although I don't think the feature is even intuitive for its intended purpose).
I believe the concept is to have the large thread title to to the last unread post, as opposed to spending the extra time to put the mouse on a little tiny icon. The time savings for each person can add up.

The vast majority our users, the vast majority of the time, rarely go to the beginning of the thread when that is different from the first post of the thread. If on those rare occasions they do want to go to the first post of the thread it is a quick 'home key' or 'end key' then 1 mouse click to go there.

It is clear that some do not like the way that works in xf, but I do.

Top Bottom