Importing Photopost Pro?

ESAD

I see a lot of folks importing PPPro. Is the importer included in the XF vb import script? I can't seem to find this importer. (I have not run the vb importer yet, but am lighning up my ducks).

Also, do you leave the data directories after import, or does xfmg move all of the files to the database/different dir.?

There is a separate importer, you can see the XFMG importers in the screenshot at the bottom of this post:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-media-gallery.86897/

After doing the vBulletin forum import, you will be asked to archive the import log -- do this, and note the name you give to the archive log.

Then, you run the relevant XFMG importer, and during the set up of this, you will be asked for the name of the archive log you created before.

The importer copies all of the data, leaving all of the original data in tact. You would have to remove it yourself once it is no longer needed.

It doesn't move them. It copies them to the XF attachment system. The main image files are stored among the internal_data/attachments directories.

You just need to leave the original data in place until the import is finished. Then you would have to remove it yourself after the import has finished.

No. That's technically not correct.

If I move something then it ceases to exist in its original location.
If I copy something then it exists in the original location and its new location.

The XenForo Media Gallery importer copies your PhotoPost files to a new location. After the import is finished, the files exist in the original PhotoPost location AND in the new XenForo location. After they are in the new location, you should be fine to delete them from the old location.

Top Bottom