XF 2.2 Importing a portion of a phpbb3 database

chris p

For our new (as yet in development) xenForo installation, I am importing a phpbb2 database with my own importer, importing only users, threads and posts. I just had a requirement added to include another forum from a phpbb3 instance. Will the phpbb3 standard importer permit me to import just users, threads and posts into an already setup xenForo instance (without making any changes to permissions, forums/nodes, or other xenForo setup which is already complete). In this case several phpbb3 forums would be consolidated into a single node on xenForo (this sounds impossible but it's part of my problem too).

I think I'm probably hoping for too much here and am already resigned to probably having to write another importer for phpbb3 too. But if the standard importer can be tailored this way, it would save days of programming.

You can select which items to import but there are prerequsisite steps required for some of them.

User for example will require user groups, posts will require forums, etc.

You can select which items to import but there are prerequsisite steps required for some of them.

User for example will require user groups, posts will require forums, etc.
Thanks Paul, that sounds like it might be dangerous. I have to make certain that the data I bring in doesn't impact the administrative setup that the rest of the team is doing / has done. So far all my user imports are very simple users designed to look like regular users we reverse engineered and the forums are selected for imported threads based on a cross reference in the import. Since my phpbb2 import seems to all check out, I guess to be safest, I need to clone it and change the input side to phpbb3. I was just hoping to save some work and be a little more XF standard in this go round.

Thanks again, you've clarified my task.

Top Bottom