1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Importing from IP.Board 3.4 to Xenforo

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by paulj, Jun 1, 2013.

  1. paulj

    paulj Member

    Evening everyone. I'm currently trying to do a test conversion.

    I've installed a clean copy of Xenforo and have transferred my IP.Board database. Using the Import Data tool in the ACP, I've selected the correct version of IP.Board I'm importing and have pointed to the correct database. However, I've become stuck when I run the imported.

    I've managed to:
    • Import User Groups
    • Import Forums
    • Import Forum Permissions
    The next step I must complete is:
    • Import Custom User Fields
    Unfortunately, when I select the option, I get the following:
    I'm not sure what to do at this point and I can't import anything else until this has been done. Any ideas?
    Paul
     
  2. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    Looks like an issue where the case doesn't match one of our existing fields but the text does. I suspect we'll need to fix this in the code. I'm not sure what the correct behavior will be off hand.

    Removing the "Facebook" field from your IPB or the Facebook custom user field from XF would be the way around it in the mean time.
     
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. paulj

    paulj Member

    Cheers Mike, will give that a go. I've never had to do a conversion before, so I'm going in a bit blind :)
     
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  4. paulj

    paulj Member

    That done the trick, Mike. Thanks :)

    Other than that, the conversion went smoothly.
     
  5. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    This should be sorted in 1.2 due to the various case sensitivity changes.
     

Share This Page