1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import from IPB to xF

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Pyro, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Pyro

Pyro Member

I know this a longshot, but has anyone had any succesful imports from IPB 3.1 to xenForo using a roundabout method? Or is everyone holding out for the official importer?
    If it's easy enough to do, I might give it a shot. :)

(Sorry this probably isn't the right forum...I'm bad at missing the forum I intended!)
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

anyone make any progress on this? would really like to be able to import IPB (Invision PowerBoard) discussions into XenForo
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can use vB/Impex, as mentioned in the post above.
    This is also how I imported my phpBB forum.
  5. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

So I'd need to pay $195 for a vBulletin license in order to import IPB to vBulletin, then import from vBulletin to XenForo?

Doesn't seem like it would work because they are only selling vBulletin 4.0, but XenForo can only import from 3.7/3.8 right?
  6. There is a converter in the works. just wait a little bit long er for it's release
  7. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

a ipb to xenforo converter?
  8. Yes. I'm waiting for it's release too.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Secondhand 3.x and 4.x vBulletin licenses are available much cheaper than $195.
    There is also a 4.x importer.
    You could even pay someone to convert it for you, there are services available.

Or you could wait for the IPB importer which is currently being developed.