Images too big, but settings are OK

raytrails

When uploading larger images (5-10 MB) my users are always getting "The uploaded image is too big".

Admin settings are set to max 20 MB and the php.ini are set to 64 MB. Why does it still refuse images way smaller than the limit?

Images that are bigger than 4000x4000 won't be scaled down (as it takes a lot of memory and time). Alternatively, some images just can't be handled by the image processor and thus can't be modified.

Images that are bigger than 4000x4000 won't be scaled down (as it takes a lot of memory and time). Alternatively, some images just can't be handled by the image processor and thus can't be modified.
Where can we change this? Also are there plans on having it resize to a certain KB and not just resolution?

You have to hack the code, but you're opening yourself up to problems.

Why not give that option to the users of this software, since we are the ones paying for it? I don't see a huge enough difference between 3900 px and for instance 5500 to be 'hiding' the option for us to increase it when we need it.

Both options currently exist.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. For example I have my Maximum Attachment File Size set to 150 KB and my Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions to 1280x960. Then when I upload a image that's 3580x2538 and 2.35mb, I get a file to big error message. What I'm looking for it to do is resize the image to be no more then 150kb, instead of rejecting it.

I have my vB forum setup to accept file sizes up to 9600x7200 and 8mb, it'll then take that image and make it no more then 150kb / 1280x960. Granted it's server extensive, however my users aren't techy and don't know how to resize the 4-5mb images they get off their cameras. I'd rather have my server work a little harder then them not posting their images.

BTW I checked my stats and last year we had ~6,000 attachments.

You have to hack the code, but you're opening yourself up to problems.
I'm no coder but wouldn't it be a "simple" matter of changing the 4000x4000 to whatever number we want? Also are there plans on having the option of "uploading" from an URL?

Top Bottom