Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
It's a great addon though. Perhaps @truonglv collaborate with someone else to fix this addon and add a feature to it?
Would love to see support for pasting Webp images into the WYSIWYG and serve it as an attachment too. Like how it is for most image types already.

Chatgpt uses webp images so if I were to copy and paste those images into Xenforo WYSIWYG, it just doesn't work. :/

Would love to see support for pasting Webp images into the WYSIWYG and serve it as an attachment too. Like how it is for most image types already.
Think this is planned with an upcoming xenforo update.
Was thinking 2.3 for some reason.

Correct.

For my site, it's not a big deal as we use very little images on it currently (heck we don't have any users).. but another site I am a member (and moderator on) it might be of benefit... but the primary admin is not enamored of webp because of the topic he is involved in. He indicated that rarely does WebP images convert to JPG/PNG format well in the niche, and in the topic his site is, the best quality image that can be used, whether desktop or where ever, is important.

We upgraded ours to the latest version as I didn't check out this thread before hand. Hope someone can fix the issue.

We are getting the same issues, 0 byte files, unable to download full version of image. We have on the fly enabled but we never enabled webp support.

Last edited:
i have latest img optimizer version 2.2.0
most issues i have with avatars
1710167261443.webp
so when i download any of the avatar images that throw 0 bytes in a log and upload it to testing tool https://findozor.net/forum/admin.php?tools/io-test
im getting this error

Code:
LogicException: Failed to optimize image in src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 215
[LIST=1]
[*]Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionIOTest() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 258
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
[*]XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

testing image is jpg format, uploaded it here
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[COLOR=hsl(var(--xf-editorFocusColor))]as xenforo converts it to webp so you can replicate this errror[/COLOR]

and what about to fix https://findozor.net/forum/admin.php?tools/io-analyzes as it doesnt work too and questions about it were ignored. so far this plugin still doesn't look reliable and well tested even after the bugs with deleting original images were fixed.

Last edited:
The older version before was reliable. Used it for a long time without any issues. One of the recent updates broke it.

I am still on 2.1.6, and I do not seem to have all the issues others have been having.
A site I'm staff on went back to 2.1.7 and no longer has any problem. He had to make sure that he kept the last run numbers or something like that and put them in when he added the plug in back to his site.
He did have problems like shown above with 0 byte notices.

A site I'm staff on went back to 2.1.7 and no longer has any problem. He had to make sure that he kept the last run numbers or something like that and put them in when he added the plug in back to his site.
He did have problems like shown above with 0 byte notices.
Certain attachments will always show 0, but it is literally like 1-2 for pages of logs.

Certain attachments will always show 0, but it is literally like 1-2 for pages of logs.
Yes. But with the newer one we noticed that all of them were a zero. For the 2.1.7 version, it does correctly.

Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 5.59.45 PM.webp

If I remember the other showed all of those as zero as if it was not optimizing them? I just know he was working on getting the older version installed. I don't run it on my site as it's not really image based.

Does this work for newer installations? I was going to add this but it looks like I should wait til the issues are resolved.

Does this work for newer installations? I was going to add this but it looks like I should wait til the issues are resolved.
If you're a newer installation, just wait for 2.3 to release officially, and use that as it will contain the same functionality.

Top Bottom