Implemented Image and Media gallery must be INTEGRATED

Tigratrus

Image and video gallery that is actually INTEGRATED with the forums. ALL images and video that has been uploaded should categorizable, searchable and should be EASILY organized and reused by the member. Take a look at http://www.plupload.com/ for an upload system that resizes the image ON THE WORKSTATION. This is huge, as most people don't have a clue how to resize an image and get frustrated when their 5 MB image takes forever to upload.

Upvote 19
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
+1 Photoplog , work great with vb4 too.
And not expensive, great. :)
I use it too...was an easy install. I put a message on their forum yesterday letting the owner know that xenforo was being released in beta (he already had a request for a bridge but had said he hadn't seen the code yet). So hopefully we will see something soon that direction.

I use it too...was an easy install. I put a message on their forum yesterday letting the owner know that xenforo was being released in beta (he already had a request for a bridge but had said he hadn't seen the code yet). So hopefully we will see something soon that direction.

Yes, we like the very detailed tips about customised the forum page , which is in the install text file. :)

With XF using jQuery, if a gallery script is created, it'd probably include keyboard controls and lightshot maximising! It should be a good thing to look forward to!

With XF using jQuery, if a gallery script is created, it'd probably include keyboard controls and lightshot maximising! It should be a good thing to look forward to!
And notations!

And theres also that drawing plugin, so you can totally deface someones picture. I am totally turning Kier into a pirate. 

Actually the drawing plugin would be IDEAL for doing collaborative markup of documents etc, which would be great for us as we have a lot of them that are individual images of pages anyway.

I would LOVE to see a modernized Photoplog as a major mod for XF with image markup. Highslide already allows keyboard controls for the popup image navigation etc... One of the many ways that Highslide puts lightbox/thinbox/thickbox to shame ;-)

Actually the drawing plugin would be IDEAL for doing collaborative markup of documents etc, which would be great for us as we have a lot of them that are individual images of pages anyway.

I would LOVE to see a modernized Photoplog as a major mod for XF with image markup. Highslide already allows keyboard controls for the popup image navigation etc... One of the many ways that Highslide puts lightbox/thinbox/thickbox to shame ;-)

That might not be the future .... I beleive IE9 is a game changer and lots of developers are just waiting on that slow horse to catch up so HTML5 will take it's rightful place ;)

XenFoto™ ;)
  • You can upload multiple pictures with ease at the point of post creation.
  • Pictures are shown to you so you can select which ones to use for that particular post.
  • All uploaded pictures will then be stored in your share of the XenFoto gallery
  • These pictures will randomly show in a XenFoto box within your user profile.
  • You can access the rest of your pictures through that box.
  • Tags will be automatically inserted by things like picture title, your username, metadata, and words used in close proximity to the picture when posting. Tags can also be included manually by the original uploader as well as by users in groups that have that permission.
  • Option to also upload pictures by URL for when folks want to use their Facebook pictures or stuff on Photobutcket, etc... XenFoto would be able to transfer tags from these social networking and photo hosting companies into the XenFoto tag system automagically.
  • Pictures will be searchable by tags.
  • There is a dedicated XenFoto page that has ALL pictures uploaded by EVERYBODY.
  • Users can then search for a picture they might want to use without having to upload it. Great for things likes news/article type posts. It would work like a repository of all uploaded images on your site. A gallery as well as an asset manager tool.
  • To save space specially with large images, the default system would be to have pictures be shown in smaller sized thumbnails. With the use of an image expander or magnifier to automatically enlarge images to full size by simple mouse over. An expand all images button would be nice too.
  • The option to have the XenFoto system work merely as an XF front end for something like Photobucket/Imageshack/Amazon, etc... Allowing all images to be stored off server in order to save bandwidth/space.
  • Eventually this can be updated to include a tab for other types of attachments, maybe an audio file tab, a video file tab, and possibly a modifications tab?

• Privacy settings for the photo gallery are a must!
  • Ability to drag your images to different folders.
  • Public and private galleries for everybody, friends, or just yourself.
  • Minimal Exif data, such as the type of camera or device used and the date the photo was taken.
  • Options to set uploaded images to either crop or ratio into 3 different sizes (e.g. xf.Thumb = 48x48 (crop) xf.Normal = 120x80 (crop) xf.Large = 500x500 (resize))
  • Depending on the user preference, other users have the ability to download the original image or not.
  • Users can rate other users images.

This is actually a very good suggestion. I would love to have this functionality. Especially...

The option to have the XenFoto system work merely as an XF front end for something like Photobucket/Imageshack/Amazon, etc... Allowing all images to be stored off server in order to save bandwidth/space.

Tagging would make it searchable. Searching attachments has already been a weak point on a forum. This would make it awesome.

I'm more for a separate fully functional Image Gallery product a la Photopost. Also integrated with the forum, but not part of it.

I need to see reusability of images (i.e. from attachments and albums) ala assets manager of vB.

I hate Internet Brands vBulletin 4's attachment system with a passion: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?328191-The-Attachment-System :mad:

My dear God... imagine confronting my novice forum users with such an overwhelming system (which completely seems out-of-line / stitched upon the rest of the forum system doesn't it?)... no thank you. I almost never ever had the need to re-use any of my attachments on vBulletin.com for instance. And I posted a lot over there. In those 2 instances that I did need a previously uploaded attachment, I tried this new vB4 Attachment 'manager', but really.... how I am supposed to find my previous attachments back in a list of 56 pages?!! The only way to get some indication on attachments is to putting them in subfolders in the Attachment Manager and then you have the chance you can find something back. Although the chances are less then 1%, aren't they? I mean come on... do I really need to create subfolders to be able to find my stuff back? How unbelievable user unfriendly is that? Sure, this works on photographs on your local harddisk when you are managing photo's with your desktop OS, but surely a product like vBulletin is a whole different ball game.

Whoever came up with vB4's dreadful system... really. I hope XenForo ltd. actually thinks before putting up it's customers with a system so puzzling as that one.

of course you will surely hate a system that is not working well. do you think that xenforo will copy it? still the final verdict will be on their discretion. I do however didn't used it. I ended up using vB3.8 only.

What I need is the reusability of the images. Whatever I have uploaded on the forum, I will be able to use it somewhere.

edit: oh by the way, the subject is about xenfoto. sorry for offtopic.

Cheers :)

Proper integration is key.

They can make the most simplistic of image management systems ie just a basic upload button but if they properly integrate it with the website instead of putting it off somewhere to the side then people will use it.

My point is more or less that you dont need to spend tons of time creating new stuff when you could still get a lot of functionality out of what is currently already done.
The Attachment System that these guys have coded up looks really great. From there you can build upon it to create the functionality of both a gallery and an asset manager.
The Gallery is there to display assets, and the Asset Manager is there to store, use, and reuse assets.
But it could all be incorporated into one nice feature that is built around the Attachment System.

You just need a place where all the uploaded attachments go, a way to view them and reuse them, and thats it.
Offering common sense basics functionality with the promise of extending its features in future versions.
Eventually ending up with a File Repository page that has dedicated tabs for Images, Video, Audio, and Text.
Clicking on Images will show a tab that is a Gallery.

I am about to migrate my vb4 forum to Xenforo and I am curious about my user's albums
what would happened to those albums

i think it would be great to have something like that in Xenforo !! don't you think so ?

I agree! My forum members really seem to enjoy the albums and the plug in that displays random thumbnails on the home page is very popular. If one is added, please make it more robust and attractive than the one in vBulletin. That was a rather ... bare bones implementation.

Top Bottom