First of all, let me say that I've only been playing about with the XenForo demo for an hour or so but I'm already very impressed. I have a few questions to ask to see if it's worth my while switching over from vbulletin whom I've been with for over half a decade.
1) How easy is it to port over threads and users from a vBulletin forum to XF?
2) There appears to be a lot of control over users, usergroups and their permissions. One thing I'd like to be able to do is to give different user groups different coloured backgrounds. For example on XF the user info area background is two shades of blue. Is it possible to give staff usergroups, member usergroups and VIP usergroups different colours for their user info areas?
If it isn't possible, how hard would it be to make a mod/hack that does this?
3) We currently have a forum where users can only see and reply to their OWN threads. This is used as a staff helpdesk area where staff can help and respond to individual users without others being able to read the threads. On VB this was achieved by setting the 'can see others threads' permission to 'no' but I dont see a similar option on XF. Have I missed it or is it coming?
4) VB has been around for a long time and has lots of bridges with Joomla/Wordpress. Does anything similar exist for XF yet and if it does. Is there a bridge that would allow me to use the XF login details across both my webpages and the forums. I would like to make certain webpages only available based on usergroup permissions.
5) Would I need a hack to seperate sticky threads or is there a built-in option that allows me to do it?
I'd normally use Google to find the answers myself but with XF being so fresh there's not a lot out there yet.
Thanks in advance for your help and I hope this software goes from strength to strength.