Resource icon

Ignore Signatures 2.2

No permission to download
I was checking on my db queries and with this added turned on, I had 117 when loading a thread. When I turned it off, they went down to 13 :eek:

I was checking on my db queries and with this added turned on, I had 117 when loading a thread. When I turned it off, they went down to 13 :eek:

Eeeeek. It looks like it uses 3 queries per post in a thread, which obviously is very bad. I'll look into it now!

This update adds some new features, which you may or may not find useful:

• Global ignore list.
    This allows the administrator to provide a list of users that should have their signature ignored by everyone by default. The signature will only be shown if a user specifically requests it to be shown.
  • 'Warning' PM
    The administrator can define a number of ignores. If a user gets this number of ignores or more, then they will be sent a PM. The PM subject and message are set via phrases and as such can be edited easily.
  • Auto remove signature
    The administrator can define a number of ignores. If a user reaches this number of ignores or more, then their signature will be removed automatically.
Please be aware that this addon adds some new rows to the table, and also changes some setting on existing rows. The changes are as follows, you should ensure they are applied correctly:

New row: unhidden_signatures TEXT NULL
New row: pm_sent INT( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
Changed row: hidden_signatures changed from NOT NULL to NULL

Another major change is that there is no longer 2 separate versions for xF 1.1.x and 1.2.x - they are in the same files & XML. I haven't been able to test on 1.1.x, so please let me know if you have any issues.

Could you try the latest version? It will be either better or worse...

I've cached the templates (and phrases) now, which was causing a query per post to get the phrase and template.

I noticed you went back and reduced the queries. The new features don't slow things down, do they?

I haven't noticed a change on my test or live board.

I mainly did that because I'd never done it, and it was a second thought.

Please be aware that this addon CANNOT be installed using the install and upgrade manager addon.

May I ask why this is so? I actually installed it with the manager made by @Chris Deeming and it appears to of worked just fine.

As for this feature: If this option is set and is greater than 0, then if a user gets this many hides on their signature then the signature will be removed from the system.

Does this remove a person's signature completely? Or does it just hide it for everyone after enough people have hidden that person's signature?

May I ask why this is so? I actually installed it with the manager made by @Chris Deeming and it appears to of worked just fine.

As for this feature: If this option is set and is greater than 0, then if a user gets this many hides on their signature then the signature will be removed from the system.

Does this remove a person's signature completely? Or does it just hide it for everyone after enough people have hidden that person's signature?
I've just looked and I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

That's because that statement was for the previous version, where two versions were packaged together ;)

Completely removes signature from database :)

That's because that statement was for the previous version, where two versions were packaged together ;)

Completely removes signature from database :)

Would you consider making it possible for this to be optional? Instead of removing, it could simply add the user to the global ignore list?

@Liam W The new version seems to cause all my uploaded images, in threads and in conversations, to not show and come up with View Attachment. Only happened after I uploaded the newest version.

@Liam W The new version seems to cause all my uploaded images, in threads and in conversations, to not show and come up with View Attachment. Only happened after I uploaded the newest version.

I knew there was a reason I stopped calling the parent...

For some reason, if I call the parent, image attachments don't show, but if I don't call the parent other addons break and don't function, as their extending methods aren't called...

I'll investigate.

I knew there was a reason I stopped calling the parent...

For some reason, if I call the parent, image attachments don't show, but if I don't call the parent other addons break and don't function, as their extending methods aren't called...

I'll investigate.
Didn't we have this issue with an earlier version?

Didn't we have this issue with an earlier version?

Yup, and I 'fixed' it by not calling the parent. Unfortunately, that has come back to haunt me as it now causes issues with one of my other addons, and likely loads more addons as well.

I need a permanent solution - really, to know why it is doing this!

Top Bottom