Resource icon

Ignore Signatures 2.2

No permission to download
Liam W updated Ignore Signatures with a new update entry:

Fixed Image Bug

Fixed the bug (hopefully forever) where the images weren't showing in posts.

This update removes several files - you may wish to disable the addon, delete the library/UDS folder, reupload the folder, import the new XML, then re-enable the addon (the order matters), to ensure you aren't left with old files which could cause issues.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would you consider making it possible for this to be optional? Instead of removing, it could simply add the user to the global ignore list?

It already is optional - you can disable this from happening by setting the ignores to 0 in the relevant option :)

I just can not understand how to use this addon.
Purpose is to allow users in the group "Registered" to hide users signatures of the same group, but do not allow them to hide the signatures of the moderators ("Moderating" group).
So:
  1. for users in group "Registered" i set permissions like this. They can hide S and they own S could be hidden too in its group.
  2. for users in group "Moderating" setting it like this. With the intention that no one can hide the signature of this group of users.
And after this settings just nothing happening... Profile option to show or not signatures doing this according to all users despite the above settings.

I just can not understand how to use this addon.
Purpose is to allow users in the group "Registered" to hide users signatures of the same group, but do not allow them to hide the signatures of the moderators ("Moderating" group).
So:
  1. for users in group "Registered" i set permissions like this. They can hide S and they own S could be hidden too in its group.
  2. for users in group "Moderating" setting it like this. With the intention that no one can hide the signature of this group of users.
And after this settings just nothing happening... Profile option to show or not signatures doing this according to all users despite the above settings.

That is not how signatures are hidden.

If users have permission to hide signatures, then when they hover over the relevant signature, they should see a link saying 'Hide this User's Signature'. If they click it, then the signature will be hidden automatically. The link only appears when the signature is being hovered over.

You may wish to translate the phrase :)

The image should explain better:

upload_2013-11-16_18-29-46.webp

Ah! Soory, i have not correctly understood the essence of this addon.
This is just for click-likers ;)
@Liam W , tell me please, how difficult it is to do what I describe?
Cause setting in groups are ok, they just doing things by clicking on each signature...

Last edited:
This addon also seems to conflict with Resource Manager. It hides the resource description overview if the addon is disabled. Took forever to track down what was causing the conflict with RM. Removing this addon till this problem is fixed. Which I hope is soon, as this is an awesome addon.

There is a free version of better blogs, so I will look into fixing that collision.

However, I don't have a resource manager license, nor the money to purchase one, so unless someone wants to send the funds over, I probably won't be able to look into it sorry.

@PerfectInsanity
@Adam Howard

There is a free version of better blogs, so I will look into fixing that collision.

However, I don't have a resource manager license, nor the money to purchase one, so unless someone wants to send the funds over, I probably won't be able to look into it sorry.

@PerfectInsanity
@Adam Howard
That's understandable. :)

I'm confident that if you get it working in the free version, it should work in the paid one. All the advance features in the paid version are just the limitations removed.

Thanks for looking into this @Liam W :)

As a former vBulletin user I'm missing the feature to hide my own signature before posting a specific message. That way I can decide to whether display or not my signature from a checkbox before posting my message. And I guess this addon would solve this issue, is that correct?

As a former vBulletin user I'm missing the feature to hide my own signature before posting a specific message. That way I can decide to whether display or not my signature from a checkbox before posting my message. And I guess this addon would solve this issue, is that correct?
No. It just ads a universal option to hide signatures on a per-user basis, not on a per-post basis.

Top Bottom