Implemented Icon showing which threads I have posted in

Rob

When looking at a forum display page or search results, it would be cool to see at a glance which threads I have already posted in. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Nah, it shows the star next to this thread but i have never posted in it.

Maybe the star is there to show which thread you are going to post in :P

Looking at the HTML output, it tells me that there are unread posts.

The "unread" class in the H3 tag, when removed, removed the bolding and the star.

I question there use then in that case on the 'whats new' page since everything listed has unread posts..... hope you see my point, it just looks weird to me as every one has a star and their purpose isn't immediately apparent.

I question there use then in that case on the 'whats new' page since everything listed has unread posts..... hope you see my point, it just looks weird to me as every one has a star and their purpose isn't immediately apparent.

True, maybe because the "What's New" page is meant to display more information?

Probably to identify new content if it has new posts?

You're right (I assume?).

differences.png

Notice the differences?

We've found in the past that determining which threads contain posts by the visitor on the thread list page can be a serious server killer. We do have a few ideas of how to get around that, but we're not ready to roll with them just yet.

It is on the radar though.

For me it would be better to split out the serach options - one for new posts from everyone, and one for new posts from your friends. You coul dhave others but that would cover most users.

Kier, would it not be possible to add a flag against the posting tab on the user profile to show if there are new unread comments after your post?

I've never quite understood the use of "I have posted" icon. I see only vanity in the information it can provide...

I've never quite understood the use of "I have posted" icon. I see only vanity in the information it can provide...
I usually want to keep track of the topics I've read. Especially in topics I visit regurarly it's useful to be able to spot the topic immediately. So yeah, I'd like that feature too.

We've found in the past that determining which threads contain posts by the visitor on the thread list page can be a serious server killer. We do have a few ideas of how to get around that, but we're not ready to roll with them just yet.

It is on the radar though.

Thank you! I certainly do miss an indicator that tells me in what discussions I have posted in/are subscripted (watched?) to.

I usually want to keep track of the topics I've read. Especially in topics I visit regurarly it's useful to be able to spot the topic immediately. So yeah, I'd like that feature too.

Exactly. Especially when you have a busy site. Not having this would be a deal breaker.

Top Bottom