1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Icon showing which threads I have posted in

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Rob, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

When looking at a forum display page or search results, it would be cool to see at a glance which threads I have already posted in. Just a suggestion.

2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken, the star does that for you.

Edit: no it's not that.

3. Floris

Floris Guest

That seems to be correct yeah :)

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Nah, it shows the star next to this thread but i have never posted in it.

Maybe the star is there to show which thread you are going to post in :p

5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

erm.... why is the star there at all? Does anyone know?

6. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I think the star shows new posts.

7. Floris

Floris Guest

Argh, I am confused aswell now. Probably to identify new content if it has new posts?

8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Looking at the HTML output, it tells me that there are unread posts.

The "unread" class in the H3 tag, when removed, removed the bolding and the star.

9. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I question there use then in that case on the 'whats new' page since everything listed has unread posts..... hope you see my point, it just looks weird to me as every one has a star and their purpose isn't immediately apparent.

10. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

True, maybe because the "What's New" page is meant to display more information?

11. MrBrian

MrBrian Active Member

You're right (I assume?).

[​IMG]

Notice the differences?

12. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I just confirmed that this is the case.

13. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

We've found in the past that determining which threads contain posts by the visitor on the thread list page can be a serious server killer. We do have a few ideas of how to get around that, but we're not ready to roll with them just yet.

It is on the radar though.

14. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

thanks for the update :)

15. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

For me it would be better to split out the serach options - one for new posts from everyone, and one for new posts from your friends. You coul dhave others but that would cover most users.

Kier, would it not be possible to add a flag against the posting tab on the user profile to show if there are new unread comments after your post?

16. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

I've never quite understood the use of "I have posted" icon. I see only vanity in the information it can provide...

17. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

I usually want to keep track of the topics I've read. Especially in topics I visit regurarly it's useful to be able to spot the topic immediately. So yeah, I'd like that feature too.

18. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Thank you! I certainly do miss an indicator that tells me in what discussions I have posted in/are subscripted (watched?) to.

19. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Exactly. Especially when you have a busy site. Not having this would be a deal breaker.