I want to give you money ---- Will you turn me away?

Adam Howard

I see A LOT of people who have done a fine job in releasing add-ons, tweaks, styles, or other 3rd party products. A lot of them for free.

And there have been a few times when I really thought someone was worth the contribution and they had a nice donate link.

There is 1 person here who I sent $50 for a single donation for a free add-on. That's more than the asking price of most of the paid add-ons here. Because I felt what they had brought to this community was well worth the investment.

There are many others here who I'd love to thank and show support too, but they all have 1 problem in common.

Paypal_DonateButton.gif

^ This makes it next to impossible for people like myself to help fund or support development. Even on paid add-ons it becomes very hard for me to "work around" paypal and send money. It took me 1 full month to successful be able to order a style recently.

So I have a question...

If paypal dropped of the face of the map tomorrow (for whatever reason) and bank wire transfers were just not economical (because of high fees)..... Who would you be using? I can't imagine you'd all just call it quits. What would be your alternative?

I think we all know you want us to answer "google checkout"
Not necessarily

Hell.... Anything else would be preferred. Paypal is to much of a hassle and bank wire transfers aren't really acceptable.

I feel kind of silly..... I'm fighting to give money away. :confused:
Ironic as most people try to hold onto it as much as possible.

Problem and point of this thread is not what other services I use, because I have signed up to a dozen alternatives (went on a mass sign up spree a while ago). The point and problem is others need to join alternatives (any alternative, at least 1)

I see A LOT of people who have done a fine job in releasing add-ons, tweaks, styles, or other 3rd party products. A lot of them for free.

And there have been a few times when I really thought someone was worth the contribution and they had a nice donate link.

There is 1 person here who I sent $50 for a single donation for a free add-on. That's more than the asking price of most of the paid add-ons here. Because I felt what they had brought to this community was well worth the investment.

There are many others here who I'd love to thank and show support too, but they all have 1 problem in common.

View attachment 38862

^ This makes it next to impossible for people like myself to help fund or support development. Even on paid add-ons it becomes very hard for me to "work around" paypal and send money. It took me 1 full month to successful be able to order a style recently.

So I have a question...

If paypal dropped of the face of the map tomorrow (for whatever reason) and bank wire transfers were just not economical (because of high fees)..... Who would you be using? I can't imagine you'd all just call it quits. What would be your alternative?

Yep! Even if I had money (which I have some now actually) I couldn't buy anything anyway, cause of PayPal only payments. I have to jump through hoops and pay fee to load an EntroPay.com virtual visa card from Mastercard Debit - which was attached to PayPal account before and blacklisted/Perma-limited (as funding source, which is like couple bucks fee charge to load from), then hope and cross fingers that I can pay through PayPal (and just hope they don't know nor find out it's me, black listing virtual card yet), as "guest". The PayPal only payments are killer for me, and I'm sure the seller's sales. Even if they took Moneybookers and or Google Checkout, I'm sure their business and sales and such would go up even more. If they offered Google Checkout / Moneybookers, I could buy without issues lol

Well, I actually had issues with Moneybookers several weeks/months ago.. I tried uploading funds or adding funds, and wasn't able to do so. Apparently some "laws" were being dealt with or whatever for EU or some such. But I did buy premium vBulletin skin through themeforest.net or whatever good while back, through Moneybookers and it worked lol. $25.00 wasted though too, because I totally got rid of vbulletin and the vB license, for XF. lmao. Could have been $25.00 spent on an XF resource had I just crap canned vB forever ago.

I feel kind of silly..... I'm fighting to give money away. :confused:
Ironic as most people try to hold onto it as much as possible.

Lmfao, I know... It's ironic as hell, and funny how people are these days. Some even fight to death, denying to take other payment options too (so they take my money). Which doesn't just hurt them, but the customer/buyers, that badly or desperately need or want their products. I just spend the funds else where then, on other people's stuff... if the first guy doesn't want 5.00 to 25.00 dollars, someone else will. :) When I have money, I'm like a chick in a mall with unlimited spending limit on credit cards. Lmfao.

Yep! Even if I had money (which I have some now actually) I couldn't buy anything anyway, cause of PayPal only payments. I have to jump through hoops and pay fee to load an EntroPay.com virtual visa card from Mastercard Debit - which was attached to PayPal account before and blacklisted/Perma-limited (as funding source, which is like couple bucks fee charge to load from), then hope and cross fingers that I can pay through PayPal (and just hope they don't know nor find out it's me, black listing virtual card yet), as "guest". The PayPal only payments are killer for me, and I'm sure the seller's sales. Even if they took Moneybookers and or Google Checkout, I'm sure their business and sales and such would go up even more. If they offered Google Checkout / Moneybookers, I could buy without issues lol
I was using Entropay.com for a while as my primary source for sending payments or receiving is normally through a pre-paid Visa such as Green Dot or Walmart Money.

However I guess (assume) because I kept re-loading it (to quick, to often) they frozen my account for being suspicious. I was processing a lot of payment through Paypal, so I guess that didn't help much either.

I guess I'll need to get a new pre-paid visa to work around and access paypal again (need a different card). I also have a family member who is willing to help me out, but I'd rather not drag them into it.

Moneybookers I've heard is popular. As soon as I have a photo scanner... I can recover that account. I forgot my password and the first thing they keep asking me to do is submit proof of who I am.

If suddenly cash becomes obsolete... I and others I know are in trouble.

But the point of this thread is people here really do need to setup an alternative. There are people here such as myself who are willing to donate $25, $50, $75, or even $100. But we can't because those people are using only paypal.

Sagepay.

Cos they "just work". But its only for recieving, and not realy for sending money.

Having said that, Skrill and Payza look interesting.

Anyone know what their policies on Digital Products are?

I was using Entropay.com for a while as my primary source for sending payments or receiving is normally through a pre-paid Visa such as Green Dot or Walmart Money.

However I guess (assume) because I kept re-loading it (to quick, to often) they frozen my account for being suspicious. I was processing a lot of payment through Paypal, so I guess that didn't help much either.

Hmm, weird. But I guess they had their reasons. :( I haven't had mine frozen, cause I rarely use it lmao. The only thing I had issues with before, was some how PayPal got whiff it was me using a VCC, and the transaction didn't go through. So I just made new card on VCC account, added old one to new card as "funding source" and loaded new card from old one.. and trashed/deleted old one. Then used different name (my brother's with his address etc) and it went through haha.

I guess I'll need to get a new pre-paid visa to work around and access paypal again (need a different card). I also have a family member who is willing to help me out, but I'd rather not drag them into it.

Yeah, that's probably only other option though. Or, buy those pre-paid debit cards from gas station or wal-mart or whatever. Just the 4.95 card cost is a bytch though. >_<. I generally don't involve my brother / family unless I really really have too. But I did the other time though, to get a Burning Board license. I just transferred funds to bank, showed brother proof of it and gave him the money from bank, so he left me use his normal bank debit card online to get it lol. :)

Moneybookers I've heard is popular. As soon as I have a photo scanner... I can recover that account. I forgot my password and the first thing they keep asking me to do is submit proof of who I am.

Same thing happened to me too! I had to make special trip to Driver's license center, got ID card instead and then scanned it and uploaded it to them. Always something sigh. :( Heck, I asked them on phone if I could just take cell picture of myself, holding old expired license, that didn't work, they didn't allow it (which I figured) lmao.

If suddenly cash becomes obsolete... I and others I know are in trouble.

Yep. :(

But the point of this thread is people here really do need to setup an alternative. There are people here such as myself who are willing to donate $25, $50, $75, or even $100. But we can't because those people are using only paypal.

Yep exactly, heck I have some money now, and have things to pay off.. hosting, renewal of domains, but also interested in some resources lol. But since most only take PayPal, can't just easily buy / purchase things. :( And the host only takes PayPal too, so gotta transfer money to VCC.. and hope for best. And renew domain names on namecheap.com, which is easier and faster, cause they have normal credit card processing and not just crap GayPal. Lol!

Sagepay.

Cos they "just work". But its only for recieving, and not realy for sending money.

Having said that, Skrill and Payza look interesting.

Anyone know what their policies on Digital Products are?
Skill and payza .... I have both of those. In fact I have a dozen other alternatives (went on a mass sign-up spree a while ago).

Problem is not me having alternative, problem is wishing more people here would look into alternatives.

Problem is not me having alternative, problem is wishing more people here would look into alternatives.

This. :) ;)

I'd also like for the payment option API in XF ACP to take other options as well, like vBulletin does. That way I can take payments from members from other various payment options. I'm currently with CCBILL.com, though, but that's for receiving, not sending. And I don't think there's currently a CCBILL payment API resource here, only moneybookers and another one.. and they're both 1.99 or 2 bucks.. and again, can't get them.. cause of PayPal payment only option. Lol! Unless, the VCC would work to get em haha.

paymate.com .... used them for many, many years and they are terrific. Only stopped because XF doesn't utilise them for account upgrades and I couldn't find an add-on developer to integrate it instead.

I've used PayPal for at least 7 or 8 years, tons of money moved, exchanged, sent and received. I have not had one issue. Been scammed, reported, solved easily. I cannot understand the bad PR PayPal always gets.

Top Bottom