I lost rights

hcmagix

First I will describe my xf scenario

I have installed xF not public for a little group. On the install date I had all rights in the forum (posting with attachements). Im the super admin. The forum is secured via htaccess and the registration are not open.
I have an agreement that I see 3 forums (Describing xF, testarea and admin board)

What have I do?
- I copied the admin usergroup and named it tecAdmin
- I transfer my account to this TecAdmin group
- the originally Admingroup has only rigths for the member section for new members and one people f the user are member of the admin group
- My TecAdmin group has not see rights for the internal forums of this board, I see only 3 forums
- Attachments are allowed

What my problem?
- I cant upload images in my forum
- I cant post URL via editor buttons (the nomal user can upload images)

What have I checked?
- The TecAdmin Group has ll rights in green
- forenrights (elements) also all in green

Can someone say where I can restored all my rigths so I can upload images? Why are the Link Buttons in teh editor gray?

Attachments

• screenshot.webp
    screenshot.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 12
  • screenshot2.webp
    screenshot2.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 11
The URL link icons only highlight once you highlight some text.
You can then click on the icon to link/unlink a URL.
The default state is greyed out.

Uploading attachments is a permission "Upload attachments to posts".
Ensure you don't have this set to "Deny" on any groups you are a member of.

Uploading attachments is a permission "Upload attachments to posts".
Ensure you don't have this set to "Deny" on any groups you are a member of.

I have checked. Im in one group tecAdmin, all rigths green. Thats is what I dont understand

Attachments

• tecadmin.webp
    tecadmin.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
What happens when you try to upload an image or attachment?

Are other users able to upload attachments?

See the attachment in post one, when I uploading I see the 0% pic.
No all other users has no problem and can uploading. As I installed the forum before I limit my see forum rights I could upload images

Which browser and OS are you using?
I can only assume it is related to that as other users don't have a problem and all of your permissions appear to be set correctly.

mac os and safari but I have this tested in my office with WIN / IE6 and also with FF and Chrome. No Suchess
I believe thats failure in the user or elements rigthts (descent)

It's tricky trying to work this one out as the button would not appear without the relevant permission yet you say it worked before?
It also doesn't work on multiple browsers or PCs so that rules out that.

If you want to give me your login details I can have a look for you?

Otherwise all I can suggest is removing and reapplying the permissions and groups to see if that clears it up.

It would seem to be a browser/OS issue as suspected as I have just managed to upload an image without any problems using the account details supplied.

hcmagix, try from a different machine if possible as there's definitely nothing wrong with your user account.

To clear out the cache in Safari, do what I did, type cache in the help box..and it will point you right to it, LOL...with a BIG BLUE arrow. File>Empty Cache.

Top Bottom