I installed a theme and it is fine but..

Kent55

Hi I installed a theme and it is fine and it looks good, but if I try to edit the colour it does not change!!
Any ideas?

Thanks...

Please delete this poll, it's stupid to ask this question on XenForo.com!
In addition, you do not even specify which style you use.

Aurora theme!!:mad:
I tried to change the background colour!!!! But the stupid colour editor doesn't work!!

Plus this is not true in my eyes!!
Why XenForo? We sincerely care about you!

The only person who has truly helped me here is Jake!!

I don't use the Aurora theme so I don't know for sure....but I can tell you that if I modify a style and hardcode elements and their styling, then color pallet options from an options panel would not apply to it....that is my guess at what the problem is. It probably has nothing to do with xenforo itself. Put into a real-life situation, it would be no different than giving me a made up phone number and then telling the world that I did not call you....I could have called you but the number given didn't connect me to you....if what I suggested about the aurora style is true, the relevance would be you can change a color option in the pallet but if the theme is not looking for a specified @color from the options panel you won't be changing anything. Then again...you could also be changing the color in a different style which again wouldn't change in aurora even if the style does use @colors.

If you would like to get well formulated and defined answers you need to offer up much more info.

Xenforo does care...you are of course entitled to opinion but if you are sour about getting the poll removed, you need to ask yourself what anyone reading this thread would most likely be thinking....what does this poll have to do with this thread.

All you have to do from the ACP is create new style that has no parent style , and then from that style's properties area adjust the width...

• Appearance >> Styles >> Your Style >> Style Property Groups >> General >> Page Width Controller
fijhgfouihdsa.webp

Reactions: DFI
Xenforo does care...you are of course entitled to opinion but if you are sour about getting the poll removed, you need to ask yourself what anyone reading this thread would most likely be thinking....what does this poll have to do with this thread.
Thanks I didn't think of it that way!! I was most annoyed with Insy and then Lawrence ontop. It just really angered me!! The thing is I was previously with vBulletin but their support for me was awful and I just didn't want the same thing to happen here!!!!

All you have to do from the ACP is create new style that has no parent style , and then from that style's properties area adjust the width...

• Appearance >> Styles >> Your Style >> Style Property Groups >> General >> Page Width Controller

Thanks (y) for quick and useful info

First off...welcome to the community...

Thanks I didn't think of it that way!! I was most annoyed with Insy and then Lawrence ontop. It just really got me annoyed!! The thing is I was previously with vBulletin but their support for me was awful and I just didn't want the same thing to happen here!!!!

Gotcha and totally understand you....but as a person who was there once myself and in the interest of dropping bad things from the convo here...I will tell you that there is a reason why I have 3500 posts here and 17 at the other place.

Insy was not referring to you as stupid but the idea of the poll...from my perspective I thought the same thing as him...we chose to do different things about it. But after 2 years of reading from pages all over the net about lawsuits, bashing, he-said /she-said stuff and general distasteful subject matter...he probably thought you were a person trying to start a negative situation whether it was the case or not which I can not lie...thought something similar myself.

This place is VERY helpful and is a wealth of free information and the feeling you have gotten is probably from the old once bitten twice shy sort of thing, and in the same respect the lack of explanation as to why it was removed is simply because many people have started vBashing threads and generally speaking the people who are here on principles and the respect of good code...really don't want to think of that place much any more and to them another instance of what they think is the start of a bashing thread is best handled the way it was simply for the same reason as you being a bit perturbed ...they want this to be a clean productive environment so that newcomers can feel safe that they made the right decision. The absence of the explanation (which in this instance I am defeating the whole purpose of said action by explaining it the way I see it...) was simply to deescalate a potential negative situation which could have started because of the nature of the poll itself.

I will also say as long as you give the people who freely give their extra (lol if extra time even exists :) )time some respect, on most instances someone will jump at the chance to help someone else here. Remember that doing something yourself is an accomplishment, but to reproduce yourself is twice the accomplishment.

Thanks (y) for quick and useful info
No problem, and keep on hustlin :)

I didn't even know that they were pirated!!! plus it was only yours I got from there!! as you charged £19!!!!! for one add on!!!:mad:I suggest you leave me alone!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
You just enjoy Harassing me!!!!!!!!:mad:

I didn't even know that they were pirated!!! plus it was only yours I got from there!! as you charged £19!!!!! for one add on!!!:mad: You have really angered me and I suggest you leave me alone!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
How old are you? You sure get angered a lot. Pirating is pirating whatever the price of the item is!

I didn't know they were pirated!!! I typed into google xenForo add ons and that website was at the top of the page!! only yours I got from there!!!! plus do you actually want to now how old I am? I'm sure you will be shocked!!!:mad:
You are just sad!! Have no life and spend most of your day on here!! then when someone like me comes along as I made one mistake, it is fun for you to Harass them!!! I bet you get a kick out of it don't you?!?
SO MUCH FOR A SAFE AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT!!!
24397996.jpg

inspiringquotesinspirat.jpg

I didn't even know that they were pirated!!! plus it was only yours I got from there!! as you charged £19!!!!! for one add on!!!:mad: You have really angered me and I suggest you leave me alone!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Well to give you perspective...

if he is charging 20 bucks for an addon...it is probably based on ---> how long spent working on it (x) how many people projected to purchase it and this is to account for the time spent working on it in a fiscally sound business model. To be honest 20 dollars is peanuts compared to what he could be making doing stuff privately delivered only to people hiring him and at 20 dollars almost any premium addon could be justified as worth it.

On the other hand I have 4 addons I am looking to have custom built....one in the hundreds and most in the thousands...one in particular I don't expect to cost less than 4 or 5 thousand dollars. I will be giving these out to the community for free with the exception of one which will cost me several thousand dollars a year once completed to be able to offer a resource heavy service attached to the addon.

I am doing this for two reasons. I do not like developers feeling ripped off and want them properly compensated so we don't lose their interest and I also want the community to have more to offer to people coming in off the street so to speak. By doing this I am hoping to keep developers fed, which in turn feeds the community. If I give them the money up front and someone pirates my property, I don't care. I am doing this in service to the place that gave me much information on how to be more useful and productive with my servers. That's two pigs with one angry bird for yah and that's how I see it.

If it was honestly a mistake and you now know the truth and want to continue using the addon I would purchase the addon from him. If you don't find it worth 20, the only honorable thing to do would be to remove the addon from your site as only he and other coders know what addons are worth based on dev time. His anger stems from what I have explained above and to me is completely understandable, he is an individual the same as you and I and deserves compensation for what he is delivering in the capacity of a professional developer.

I don't know all the details of where either party stands here...but I do hope this can get resolved between you two in a professional manner.

Well to give you perspective...

if he is charging 20 bucks for an addon...it is probably based on ---> how long spent working on it (x) how many people projected to purchase it and this is to account for the time spent working on it in a fiscally sound business model. To be honest 20 dollars is peanuts compared to what he could be making doing stuff privately delivered only to people hiring him and at 20 dollars almost any premium addon could be justified as worth it.

On the other hand I have 4 addons I am looking to have custom built....one in the hundreds and most in the thousands...one in particular I don't expect to cost less than 4 or 5 thousand dollars. I will be giving these out to the community for free with the exception of one which will cost me several thousand dollars a year once completed to be able to offer a resource heavy service attached to the addon.

I am doing this for two reasons. I do not like developers feeling ripped off and want them properly compensated so we don't lose their interest and I also want the community to have more to offer to people coming in off the street so to speak. By doing this I am hoping to keep developers fed, which in turn feeds the community. If I give them the money up front and someone pirates my property, I don't care. I am doing this in service to the place that gave me much information on how to be more useful and productive with my servers. That's two pigs with one angry bird for yah and that's how I see it.

If it was honestly a mistake and you now know the truth and want to continue using the addon I would purchase the addon from him. If you don't find it worth 20, the only honorable thing to do would be to remove the addon from your site as only he and other coders know what addons are worth based on dev time. His anger stems from what I have explained above and to me is completely understandable, he is an individual the same as you and I and deserves compensation for what he is delivering in the capacity of a professional developer.

I don't know all the details of where either party stands here...but I do hope this can get resolved between you two in a professional manner.
Trust me I would love to get it sorted but..!! He follows me round doing what you ca see above!!

You do what? I am a little confused here as to what this is in response to.
I would love to sort it out, but he has: ignored me, and when I ask for help he does what you can see above!!!! Plus I have said it was a mistake installing that add on!! I didn't know they were pirated!! as I have only really just bought xenForo!! but he just can't stop dissing and humiliating me!!

I would love to sort it out, but he has: ignored me, and when I ask for help he does what you can see above!!!! Plus I have said it was a mistake installing that add on!! I didn't know they were pirated!! as I have only really just bought xenForo!! but he just can't stop dissing and humiliating me!!
In what way have I ignored you?
I am done here but you should know that you will not get very far with such impolite posts such as the ones in this thread.

Top Bottom