How's Reading, UK?

Psh, yeah right. Crime on every corner. https://www.police.uk/northumbria/E6/crime/

Numbers and Stats can be manipulated to state anything you desire, good or bad...

I have worked all over Britain for many years in majority of the big cities and some I had never knew existed..
And all my family are from the London Area, I was born and raised in Geordieland ( Thank God )..
I used to work at Newcastle University and I am always amazed at just how many former students end up staying here after their University life is over..

Regards.

2.webp

Really, any place is better than Barrow (so never come here, unless you have a good reason!).

I've heard meh about Reading...

Liam

There's a cracking pub in Reading called The Nags Head, if you like your Real Ales and Ciders well worth going there.

Alright this may not seem as ridiculous to others besides myself but...how can you be anti social and in public at the same time? I am referencing crime statistics in regions out that way and the highest level of crime is just that (anti-social behavior).

Can someone clue me in?

I was going to explain it, but I think Wikipedia explains it better:
The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 defines anti-social behaviour as acting in a manner that has "caused or was likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons not of the same household

Fair enough...either way the figures there are better than where I am where an individual has a 1 in 32 chance of being victim to a violent crime.

I would guess that anti-social behavior there is relatively similar to the charge of disorderly conduct here.

I've never been there but I would strongly suggest you visit the Tower of London or Manchester but I think all cities are awesome in the UK, an estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month in the UK. Sounds awesome. Because it means all British people will hate the cars someday. On another subject, the humans are losing their sociality because they spend too long on their Facebook accounts and similar sites. The fact, not all of us are naturally social but that doesn't mean that we don't have to go anywhere.

Alright this may not seem as ridiculous to others besides myself but...how can you be anti social and in public at the same time? I am referencing crime statistics in regions out that way and the highest level of crime is just that (anti-social behavior).

Can someone clue me in?

Chris' definition matches a lot of Newcastle and even more applicable to Sunderland.

How is Loughborough actually pronounced?

I think most American's would say: low-guh bur-oh.

I hope the Loogie Boroogie couple stayed there LOL!

As an American I would logically say it is pronounced:

low bore row

As a person who is first generation American and lived with two immigrants from different countries and knowing how you English folks like to do things...I would venture a guess at:

luff burrow

American here, I would have pronounced it "low bur-oh" (which I understand is still wrong).

Some places here (NYC, for example) have "boroughs," which is pronounced the same, but the use of the word is slightly different.

Not hard to imagine someone saying Loogie Boroogie though.

How is Loughborough actually pronounced?

I think most American's would say: low-guh bur-oh.

I hope the Loogie Boroogie couple stayed there LOL!
Like Chris typed it earlier LuffBra (not bra as in the item, though, bra as in a condensed version of brrrr I'm cold)

We have a town here in my state (located in New England) called Marlborough and while there are most definitely bras in that town they don't exist in the name.

Top Bottom