How To Uninstall Internet Explorer on Windows 7?

DRE

I don't see it on the list of programs to uninstall. I want to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 and install Internet Explorer 7 so that I can troubleshoot why my site is acting wonky for people who are using Internet Explorer 7.

Two things:

1) You can't.
2) You don't need to :D

Follow the instructions on this post: http://superuser.com/a/32343

You can use the IE7 Document Mode setting in an older browser to replicate the IE7 replication engine.
That really sucks! Someone tell Microsoft we don't want their sh!tty browser! lmao.

When selecting Browser mode IE7 it automatically selects Document mode IE7.

Anyway I don't see the error this chick is getting so I'll have to drive to school and try the site on their old IE browsers to see if it shows up there.

I would literally just tell the "chick" to stop using a ****ty browser.

I know it's harsh, but I draw the line at IE8. IE7 is nearly 3 versions out of date. There's no excuse to still be on IE7.

I would literally just tell the "chick" to stop using a ****ty browser.

I know it's harsh, but I draw the line at IE8. IE7 is nearly 3 versions out of date. There's no excuse to still be on IE7.
lol I've told most people that. She's a school teacher in South Korea. My guess is the IT guys at her school are too busy playing Starcraft to upgrade her.

The reason a lot (or at least some) companies etc. still work with older IE versions is because all their programs / websites etc. are compatible with it, and it often costs a lot of money to upgrade those to be compatible with a newer version. Same reason why windows XP is still used so much at companies. It will eventually be upgraded to Windows 7 with a newer IE version.. but it doesn't actually surprise me. For public use its good advise to upgrade, but don't be surprised as companies won't quite yet.

The reason a lot (or at least some) companies etc. still work with older IE versions is because all their programs / websites etc. are compatible with it, and it often costs a lot of money to upgrade those to be compatible with a newer version. Same reason why windows XP is still used so much at companies. It will eventually be upgraded to Windows 7 with a newer IE version.. but it doesn't actually surprise me. For public use its good advise to upgrade, but don't be surprised as companies won't quite yet.
Do you think companies will upgrade to Windows 8 eventually?

No start button!!! They would have to train people all over again.

It really doesn't require any training.

You can still access the start menu by hovering your mouse where the start button used to be and clicking does activate the new Start Menu but that's intuitive enough for people to find what they need.

I don't see an immediate need to upgrade to Windows 8 (I work in a big IT department) but we won't be deliberately avoiding it.

I've already done some limited testing and, what can I say? It's still Windows and it still works.

Good points Sador about IT departments and legacy systems. It is a problem, but most of the rendering issues can be solved by using IE Compatibility Mode. I would anticipate that most IT departments take the lazy route to avoid doing upgrades and rollouts to fix such problems.

Whenever we buy new systems, we always test in all browsers. Even though we only deploy IE, it doesn't bode well for the future if you're buying a system that doesn't render properly in every single browser available.

Do you think companies will upgrade to Windows 8 eventually?

Windows 7. ;)

Good points Sador about IT departments and legacy systems. It is a problem, but most of the rendering issues can be solved by using IE Compatibility Mode. I would anticipate that most IT departments take the lazy route to avoid doing upgrades and rollouts to fix such problems.
Well, yes and no. Because they've always run XP, it's often not the best computers around, so they might require a physical upgrade as well. I know our company is slowly trying to upgrade to win 7 with a new IE version, but it took a long time because of all the programs and websites that don't work (well) with the newer versions.

You can uninstall Internet Explorer, but Explorer Shell will retain some basic web feature

It is under Control Panel and I believe it is under remove Windows Features and Services

You're right.

But when I said "1) You can't." I was referring to installing Internet Explorer 7 on Windows 7. You can remove Internet Explorer 9 but the lowest version that can work on Win 7 is Internet Explorer 8.

You're right.

But when I said "1) You can't." I was referring to installing Internet Explorer 7 on Windows 7. You can remove Internet Explorer 9 but the lowest version that can work on Win 7 is Internet Explorer 8.
You are correct. I misread the 1st post (would be nice if I slept more. LOL)

I can't even get this other chick to troubleshoot with me unlike the first girl. She refuses to update IE.

8thos: i need your help

SheB: for

8thos: to see if that error still there

SheB: grr

8thos: pretty pleeaaseee

SheB: id have to post and stuff and i havent got the patience right now

8thos: it only shows when you post?

SheB: i duno
but i found it annoying
and i cant be assed with it

8thos: please try just this one time

SheB: oh god
ok
link me

8thos: www.8thos.com

SheB: f**king hell
now i dont remember my password
this just gets gayer
im not gona log in
i dont know my password
i cant be bothered
sorry

8thos: *sends info*

SheB: yea
its all ****ed up
greyed out
like it was all those time i showed u
im logging out

8thos: upgrade your browser

SheB: no

8thos: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie

SheB: no

8thos: alright
:(

SheB: lol why

8thos: cause you won't upgrade
what about the mobile theme
click one of the mobile buttons at the very bottom

SheB: i logged out

8thos: aight

SheB: yea
wats the point of upgrading to a new browser anyways?

8thos: 1. security, keep your computer form getting jacked up
i bet that sh*t runs slow
2. be able to view sites the way they are supposed to be viewed
3. Did I mention security? You probably have a couple viruses.

SheB: yea ur right about it being slow

8thos: 4. They help your computer run a little faster and be able to handle sites that are running advanced software.
Both your computer and your internet browser will run faster once you do.

SheB: meh i cant b bothered
it is gay
wat are u doing

8thos: If you click on the link I sent you, all you have to do is click on the orange button that says Download Internet Explorer 9

SheB: no i cant be bothered

8thos: I'm looking at the internet explorer download page
Do I have to call you to walk you through it

SheB: oh

8thos: Yesss

SheB: yea ok u know im concentrating on tht illuminati vid
thts why
i cant be assed
so dont be getting annoyed

8thos: aight

SheB: i like to focus on wat im watching

I don't know why I try... :mad:

certain components of windows rely on ie ...

I always live by this one when it comes to ie ...remove it and your computer will have problems, use it and you yourself will have problems.

Alright I give up. I'll just add a default xenforo skin with no page_container edits since one of the page_container edits is causing it to look jacked up for her.

Set up a TeamViewer session, then you can update it for her, assuming she can be bothered to download the client and tell you the details.... I have found that 9/10 times, that is the best way to give support, trying by email or phone is so frustrating some times.

Top Bottom