1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to uninstall Xenfo 1.1.2

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by gamesplayer, May 31, 2012.

1. gamesplayer

gamesplayer New Member

Hi, i was having problems installing on my domain, so i installed it on the root of the domain which worked, but the software paths are on the wrong root domain. How do i remove it cleanly and try again?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you're changing the path, first move all the files into the desired directory.

Then you need to remove this file: desireddirectory/internal_data/install-lock.php.

Then go to http://yourdomain/desireddirectiory/install and select the option for a clean install from there.

3. Chris D

You also need to ensure you've purchased XenForo, then assign your forum name to your customer account in the Customer Area: http://xenforo.com/customers

You will then be able to post in the correct forum for support.

Steve F likes this.
  4. gamesplayer

gamesplayer New Member

thanks. i have purchased today. i was looking for a script to remove the database tables and all other data which could affect a reinstall. i'll keep trying to reinstall.

5. Chris D

If you do it the way I mentioned, it will overwrite all of the database tables.

Alternatively, you could use a database query such as the following:

Code:
    SELECT CONCAT( 'DROP TABLE ', GROUP_CONCAT(table_name) , ';' ) 
        AS statement FROM information_schema.tables 
        WHERE table_schema = 'database_name' AND table_name LIKE 'xf_%';
    Just change "database_name" to the name of your database.

6. gamesplayer

gamesplayer New Member

thanks, i got there eventually 1 by 1 deleted

7. Chris D

That's one way :)

Don't forget to assign your forum account to your customer account or you won't be able to download resources or get the help you need in the future.

8. gamesplayer

gamesplayer New Member

hmm, easier said than done. is the assigning done within my installation, as i can't see where its done on my account in these forums?

9. Chris D

Log in here with the account you set up when you bought XenForo: http://xenforo.com/customers

There's a forum users section where you just type your forum name.

10. gamesplayer

gamesplayer New Member

:) linked. shall i start a new thread for my install woes? i can't seem to run scripts inside the xenforo directory.
    in the server error log
    [Thu May 31 15:26:17 2012] [error] [client x.x.211.43] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/hostname/public_html/mydomain.co.uk/xenforo" is writeable by group

11. Chris D

12. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moved to correct forum