1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Editor Does Not Work in Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 7

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by cmeinck, Nov 10, 2010.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

The editor does not work on Internet Explorer, the default browser that ships with Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 devices. You can place your cursor in the box, but the on-screen keyboard doesn't popup. On mobile Safari, you get a different, but functional editor. I presume there is a way to set up a sniffer, so that it works on IE for Windows Phone 7?

Additionally, none of the pop-ups work and you cannot login unless you go directly to the login page /community/login

wwwicked likes this.
  2. cmeinck

The user agent string is

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; SAMSUNG; SGH-i917)

3. wwwicked

wwwicked Active Member

I also can't get the login form to appear on my HTC HD7, either. MS are brain dead for using IE7 on a brand new platform. :(

4. cmeinck

Having a Windows Phone forum, you can imagine my frustration. You can login by visiting your forum URL followed by /login/. Of course, you're readers won't know that...

I need to find a way to add the user agent string so that it kicks back the iPad editor. I'm guessing that would work.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I have exempted "IEMobile/" from the WYSIWYG editor.

6. cmeinck

If I run the latest update (beta 3), will I be able to apply this fix?

7. cmeinck

In advance of beta 4, can you please provide me with the hotfix so that my readers can post,reply to topics.

8. Mike

Code:
                else if (self::isBrowsingWith('opera') && preg_match('#Opera Mini[^;]*#', $ua))
                {
                    return true;
                }
                else if (preg_match('#IEMobile/#', $ua))
                {
                    return true;
                }
    You should be able to just add the code in red to library/XenForo/Visitor.php.

cmeinck likes this.
  9. cmeinck

Thanks Mike. That did the trick. On Windows Phone 7, there are browser settings. Unfortunately, the user can select between Desktop or Mobile mode. I assume when they are in desktop mode, they are as you put it best "masquerading" as a desktop version.

In mobile mode, it works as intended. This will tide me over until TapaTalk supports XF and/or a mobile template is released. If you want to send me an early holiday gift, a mobile template would be great under my tree.;)

10. Mike

Unfortunately, if they masquerade, there's likely nothing we can do - if you can get the user agent from that, maybe there's something we could trust. On the whole, probably not.