XF 1.2 How To Remove User Permissions?

DRE

These members STILL show up under User Permissions even though I changed all their user permissions to "Not Set (No)" Some were former moderators, some were users who had certain privileges taken away. This has become an issue for me due to this related issue.

permissions.webp

That's not all of em, just a couple.

No. I am the custom user it his can help (and I am admin).
I've hit the quick check to "Not set" everything and pay attention to all values to be sure they were all set to zero.

I have several installed which have addded their own permissions. Maybe it's related ?

What does this query return?
Code:
SELECT permission_entry.*
FROM xf_permission_entry AS permission_entry
INNER JOIN xf_permission AS permission ON
    (permission.permission_group_id = permission_entry.permission_group_id
    AND permission.permission_id = permission_entry.permission_id)
WHERE permission_entry.user_group_id = 0
    AND permission_entry.user_id > 0;

I had to upgrade from 1.2 t0 1.4 before it worked for me, I even had one of the addon developers look at it and it was like in a stuck mode.
But 1.4 fixed it for me.

It may be a bug in the XenTag add-on, causing those permissions to not appear. (You can see them in the screenshots on the add-on resource page though.)

Are those in the groups related to the resource manager? That's where the permissions are coming from.

Worst case you can delete the rows that query identified, but it might do something unexpected in that add-on -- it may be best to contact the resource author to confirm. (If you do delete them, go to the upgrade system and rebuild the master data.)

Top Bottom