1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How To Remove User Permissions?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DRE, Sep 14, 2013.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

These members STILL show up under User Permissions even though I changed all their user permissions to "Not Set (No)" Some were former moderators, some were users who had certain privileges taken away. This has become an issue for me due to this related issue.

permissions.png

That's not all of em, just a couple.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the permission value fields, clicking the column header doesn't reset those.

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That doesn't work.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Then they still have custom permissions or it's an add-on issue.

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If I disable all addons and go to User Permissions again will they still show under user permissions?

Because the only addon I've ever revoked for some members is the Taigachat box and that is showing as set to Not Set.

6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Make sure you check the spin boxes (integer permissions)...

You said you had - had you?

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I've never messed with those. What are those integer permissions using as a default? The primary usergroup or a secondary?

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Integer permissions will use the highest number set across all usergroups that someone is in. So if they are in 4 usergroups with 0, 5, 2 and 1 set in these then 5 will be applied. You'll therefore have to look at all of your usergroups again to check.

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

wtf, so basically if I said they can only have an avatar that's 51200 something in their highest user group, I then have to set their user permission to be the same?

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

No, it takes the highest number from groups and individual user permissions.

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

This doesn't make any sense to me so I'll just remove all secondary usergroups and make their permissions match the primary. Will that work?

12. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

You have to make everything in user permissions 'not set'. Everything including integer permissions.

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

How do you make everything 'not set' in integer permissions? They only give you one or two choices.

14. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Ah, my bad. You actually set it to 0 ;)

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Well this works for all users who are not moderators. So basically the issue that remains now is that I am unable to remove members who were once moderators.

16. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Integer permissions really aren't that difficult.

For your primary group (which should be the Registered group) you set the value you want (which may be 0 if you don't want them to have that permission). For your secondary groups you leave the permission set at 0 unless you want them to have higher value for that permission.

So for example, my Registered group has an avatar size set to 51200. All other groups are set to 0 except for a Promoted group that has it set to 102400. So everyone on the site in whichever group they are in has avatars of 51200 except the Promoted group which can have 102400.

17. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Are they still listed as moderators in the moderators list?

18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I am the only moderator and administrator in both of those lists.

19. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

I find I am running into this same issue. A member is set to zero and remains in the custom user permissions list.
    They stay in the list even though there are no custom settings.

20. Cmely

Cmely Member

Same here for me on XF1.4
    I have one member remaining in the custom user permissions list.
    All its value are set to "Not set" or "0".