RM 2.2 How to prevent download older version?

Dammie

Hi, im using Resource Manager on my forum with versioning.

After uploading a new version I like the version history and the amount of downloads. When I look at this page I see my visitors still can download the older version.

Is it possible to stop this download function of older versions but still see the history and statistics?

There isn't anything built in that would do this. The closest thing would be to remove the download link from the xfrm_resource_history template.

Okay I will try that, thank you!

Maybe I nice feature to add. Don't think somebody likes users to download old versions. Nice to see there were previous version but not to download I guess. Maybe its possible to give the admin this option with "versioning"

Thanks again for your reply!

Thx! I will look at that.

My updates are mostly because there is a mistake in a version. Or something that makes the older version unuseful. This way the old version must be replaced by the new version completely.

My updates are mostly because there is a mistake in a version. Or something that makes the older version unuseful.
That's the nature of maintenance updates for any software. But that doesn't mean older versions should be made unavailable.

Im fact I think every released version should stay available indefinitly.

Just my 0,02 €

Top Bottom