XF 2.0 How to find Addon-ID for CLI-Update?

developr

Dear Community,

I would like to use CLI (xf-addon:upgrade) for addon updates but where can I find the required addon-id?

You can derive the add on ID based on where the addon.json file is

If it’s in src/addons/XFMG/addon.json then the add on ID is XFMG.

If it’s in a “vendor prefixed” directory like src/addons/XR/PM/addon.json then the add on ID is XR/PM.

Another way is via the Admin CP. Any URLs related to add on actions such as upgrade or install will contain the add-on ID.

If you see a dash in the add on ID portion, replace that with a slash. e.g. if the add on URL is XR-PM then the add on ID is XR/PM.

You can derive the add on ID based on where the addon.json file is

If it’s in src/addons/XFMG/addon.json then the add on ID is XFMG.

If it’s in a “vendor prefixed” directory like src/addons/XR/PM/addon.json then the add on ID is XR/PM.

Another way is via the Admin CP. Any URLs related to add on actions such as upgrade or install will contain the add-on ID.

If you see a dash in the add on ID portion, replace that with a slash. e.g. if the add on URL is XR-PM then the add on ID is XR/PM.
thanks, this works but can someone link to where this is explained in XenForo Developer Documentation please?

it took me 3 days to find this crucial bit of info. How are others learning this?

Top Bottom