1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to display subforums in grids

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Andy.N, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I examined that modification and did some testing. What you want requires an addon. In forum_view you have access to the current level of forums as $renderedNodes, but they are rendered as full forums instead of as subforums. To make it work with that template mod you need to render them as subforums which requires an addon. You can probably do this by extending the view (XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View).

3. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Jake. Kinda hope it does not have to come down to this, and just involves some template edits.
    Guess I have to request this in the Request forum.

Appreciate your time and help.

4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Jake,
    Without resorting to an addon, is there anyway we can minimize the subforum listing to save space? It does not have to look like the grid, it's fine as long as we remove all the extra bits.

5. Jake Bunce

Off hand, I don't think you can do that without affecting other node lists. They use the same templates.

Andy.N likes this.
  6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

With 1.1.2, any new technique that can make this possible, Jake?

7. Jake Bunce

Nope. It still requires an addon.

8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I'm working on doing vBulletin/IPB style subforum listing most likely.

high1976 likes this.
  9. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

please keep me updated

10. Forsaken

SubForumList.png
    What I have so far, but still need to fix some things, and I'm not going to bother with multiple levels due to it being a huge hassle. I turned off comma's between the subforums because I need to find a different method other than using pseudo classes (It looks off using them).

11. principia

principia Well-Known Member

Yes , Yes , Yes. For me one Level is enough.
    Can´t wait [​IMG]
    This is the only very big wish I have on my wishlist.

12. Forsaken

I'm probably only going to release it as part of my style framework, just fyi.

13. principia

principia Well-Known Member

Will his be a stand alone product? Or work with other styles? then I will be a happy customer.

14. Forsaken

Depends on the style; if they customize templates that has been edited for the framework, they won't work with it (Some things will, some things won't).

15. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I'm having a similar issue to Andy, would you mind taking a peek at my thread here if you get a sec please? :)