How to display subforums in grids

I examined that modification and did some testing. What you want requires an addon. In forum_view you have access to the current level of forums as $renderedNodes, but they are rendered as full forums instead of as subforums. To make it work with that template mod you need to render them as subforums which requires an addon. You can probably do this by extending the view (XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View).

Thanks a lot Jake. Kinda hope it does not have to come down to this, and just involves some template edits.
Guess I have to request this in the Request forum.

Appreciate your time and help.

I examined that modification and did some testing. What you want requires an addon. In forum_view you have access to the current level of forums as $renderedNodes, but they are rendered as full forums instead of as subforums. To make it work with that template mod you need to render them as subforums which requires an addon. You can probably do this by extending the view (XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View).
Jake,
Without resorting to an addon, is there anyway we can minimize the subforum listing to save space? It does not have to look like the grid, it's fine as long as we remove all the extra bits.

please keep me updated
SubForumList.webp
What I have so far, but still need to fix some things, and I'm not going to bother with multiple levels due to it being a huge hassle. I turned off comma's between the subforums because I need to find a different method other than using pseudo classes (It looks off using them).

View attachment 25872
What I have so far, but still need to fix some things, and I'm not going to bother with multiple levels due to it being a huge hassle. I turned off comma's between the subforums because I need to find a different method other than using pseudo classes (It looks off using them).

Yes , Yes , Yes. For me one Level is enough.
Can´t wait
beten.gif

This is the only very big wish I have on my wishlist.

Top Bottom