XF 2.2 Private nodes displayed as normal node

Joan1211

Is there a simple part of the code to modify in the templates in order to achieve this:

I have some private nodes. Instead of being displayed like that:

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 13.48.52.webp

i would like to have it displayed like that:
Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 13.49.40 copy.webp

To sum up, I want :
1- the subnodes/nodes to keep the threads number, message number etc.
2- to display "private" on the category

in case the user click on the node, he gets a message that he has no permission to access this forum.

I know that there is the addon of Andy that does a similar job (forum permission), i tried it, but it does not work in my case, I have several groups that have each a specific restriction for private nodes.

Thanks

Do those without access to the node need to see it in the node list?

If a node is private, only those with access can see it, and it displays as a normal node.

For others it doesn't appear at all.

I give this permission to all the users
View node : yes

So yes, all users will see all the nodes.

I am trying to find a way to show the forum titles in the forum list even when users don't have permission to view the forum itself, or the threads in the forum.
And when the users click on the forum, it give this kind of message:

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 16.02.24.webp

I am trying to achieve only a display/design modification. The permission are configured and works perfectly.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 13.49.40 copy.png

I have many groups and many nodes. The reason for this modification is for the users to feel the forum a bit less empty. Otherwhise all the nodes (expect the ones the user can access) is displayed empty, with written "private".

It would require custom development to override the default behaviour.

The thread and message count is not made available to those with no permission to view the threads.

Top Bottom