XF 1.3 How to design a better tab system for the user profile?

Stuart Wright

Because we have lots of features added to our installation, we have lots more tabs than I think the system is designed to use.

temp1.webp

and this guy doesn't have any warnings, or there would be a warnings tab also.
Is there a better design of using tabs which would accommodate as many as we have and more?

a simple solution would be to add all tabs not fitting in a row ABOVE the first row and not below it. It looks only strange currently because the second row is added below the first row leaving the tabs look very strange.

Maybe this could even be considered as a bug?

If more than 7 tabs are used then people will generally get lost or just not use all tabs.
I think its best to reduce the number of tabs by placing more content within a tab instead of adding more and more tabs.

Could remove the "Information" tab, all that info is listed in the sidebar.

Then could move the links at the bottom of "Information" to the top of "Recent Activity".

Would remove one at least....

If more than 7 tabs are used then people will generally get lost or just not use all tabs.
I think its best to reduce the number of tabs by placing more content within a tab instead of adding more and more tabs.

Combining tabs sounds like a reasonable response... just how would you go about doing so? :(

The 'find all threads' function is used a lot. I think the issue is that addon developers seem to prefer to have a tab for their addon on profile. The result is dozens of tabs.
I think that all matters relating to member issues could be combined, but this would need an addon.
Media and albums could be on the same tab, if there would be a way to switch between these within the tab. Maybe we need tab drop downs.
I also think that a lot relating to content can be combined in one tab. This also would need new functionality.

Top Bottom