XF 1.3 How to allow "moderating" to view Moderation Queue?

ibrian

I have all forum moderators set up as Moderating, and I've checked and re-checked their permissions.

However, none of them report being able to access Moderation Queue in the moderator bar.

Could someone please advise?!

@Amaury stop going off half-cocked and giving the wrong answer to questions. If you read what the OP has said, they can't access the Moderation Queue in the Moderator Bar ie they can see the Moderator Bar already. So the OP has made them moderators in the ACP.

The Moderator Bar is visible for all users who are made moderators. However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
  • Moderation Queue - View moderated threads / posts and Delete thread by anyone and Edit post by anyone.
  • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.
https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

Note that if there is no-one in the Moderation Queue, it will not be visible in the Moderator Bar.

@Amaury stop going off half-cocked and giving the wrong answer to questions. If you read what the OP has said, they can't access the Moderation Queue in the Moderator Bar ie they can see the Moderator Bar already. So the OP has made them moderators in the ACP.

I just realized I misread it and was coming back to correct myself.

Cheers for the replies!

Think that finally solved it, at last...

I'd imported from vbulletin, and had a list of my moderators under the "Moderators" user group.

However, the import hadn't necessarily made them "Moderators", or set them up with the same permissions as I'd provided in the Moderating usergroup.

So it confused me that I had "Moderators" in the usergroup "Moderating", but who weren't full able to 'moderate'!

I can see that the system can be quite powerful to build up from, but it's not the friendliest after an import. :D

Last edited:
Add them as moderators under the ACP and then click their name in the list of moderators. The manual linked above has more detailed instructions on doing so.

Add them as moderators under the ACP and then click their name in the list of moderators. The manual linked above has more detailed instructions on doing so.

That's just it. The Moderation Queue and Reported Items permissions aren't under Admin or Moderator settings. And what further puzzles me is that I see the moderation queue but the other Superadmins don't.

Where are these settings?

Those are the areas of your forum, the specific permissions necessary are listed below in the manual:
  • Moderation Queue - View moderated threads / posts and Delete thread by anyone and Edit post by anyone.

Those are the areas of your forum, the specific permissions necessary are listed below in the manual:

Obviously the problem is me but that makes not one shred of sense in response to the question I asked. Please bear with me as I ask again.

Where can I find settings for who can/can't see the Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

You need to navigate to the moderators list in the ACP (under Users) as described in the manual. From there, you can click on the name of each individual moderator or add them as moderators to set the permissions mentioned.

You need to navigate to the moderators list in the ACP (under Users) as described in the manual. From there, you can click on the name of each individual moderator or add them as moderators to set the permissions mentioned.

Where are these permissions???

After I have done what you just described, where do I find the permissions for Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

If you'll just tell me, I'll be ever so thankful. (y)

After I have done what you just described, where do I find the permissions for Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

From the help page: https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:

Admin CP > Users > User Group Permissions > [Select Your User Group] > Forum Moderator Permissions

The settings are. The settings are not named Moderation Queue and Report Center. The necessary permissions are listed after those in the list I posted.

The necessary permissions are listed after those in the list I posted.

I've read that five times and it gets more confusing each time. Jeremy, are you being purposefully obtuse?

Where do I find the permissions for Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

Please answer so that someone of limited intelligence like myself can understand. :D

I've read that five times and it gets more confusing each time. Jeremy, are you being purposefully obtuse?

Where do I find the permissions for Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

Please answer so that someone of limited intelligence like myself can understand. :D
It can't really be made much clearer:

The Moderator Bar is visible for all users who are made moderators. However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
I've highlighted the permissions required in colour for each of these.

Top Bottom