1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to allow "moderating" to view Moderation Queue?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ibrian, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ibrian

ibrian Active Member

I have all forum moderators set up as Moderating, and I've checked and re-checked their permissions.

However, none of them report being able to access Moderation Queue in the moderator bar.

Could someone please advise?!

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    ibrian likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

@Amaury stop going off half-cocked and giving the wrong answer to questions. If you read what the OP has said, they can't access the Moderation Queue in the Moderator Bar ie they can see the Moderator Bar already. So the OP has made them moderators in the ACP.

https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

Note that if there is no-one in the Moderation Queue, it will not be visible in the Moderator Bar.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I just realized I misread it and was coming back to correct myself.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Then slow down before posting. You did the same in the user title thread, only giving half an answer. You end up confusing some users.

Leave the speed posts to Brogan. :)

6. ibrian

ibrian Active Member

Cheers for the replies!

Think that finally solved it, at last...

I'd imported from vbulletin, and had a list of my moderators under the "Moderators" user group.

However, the import hadn't necessarily made them "Moderators", or set them up with the same permissions as I'd provided in the Moderating usergroup.

So it confused me that I had "Moderators" in the usergroup "Moderating", but who weren't full able to 'moderate'!

I can see that the system can be quite powerful to build up from, but it's not the friendliest after an import. :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

For the life of me, I can't find these settings anywhere! Where are they? :mad:

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Add them as moderators under the ACP and then click their name in the list of moderators. The manual linked above has more detailed instructions on doing so.

9. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

That's just it. The Moderation Queue and Reported Items permissions aren't under Admin or Moderator settings. And what further puzzles me is that I see the moderation queue but the other Superadmins don't.

Where are these settings?

10. Jeremy

Those are the areas of your forum, the specific permissions necessary are listed below in the manual:

11. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

Obviously the problem is me but that makes not one shred of sense in response to the question I asked. Please bear with me as I ask again.

Where can I find settings for who can/can't see the Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

12. Jeremy

You need to navigate to the moderators list in the ACP (under Users) as described in the manual. From there, you can click on the name of each individual moderator or add them as moderators to set the permissions mentioned.

Amaury likes this.
  13. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

Where are these permissions???

After I have done what you just described, where do I find the permissions for Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

If you'll just tell me, I'll be ever so thankful. (y)

14. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

From the help page: https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

Admin CP > Users > User Group Permissions > [Select Your User Group] > Forum Moderator Permissions

15. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

The settings are not there.

16. Jeremy

The settings are. The settings are not named Moderation Queue and Report Center. The necessary permissions are listed after those in the list I posted.

17. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

I've read that five times and it gets more confusing each time. Jeremy, are you being purposefully obtuse?

Where do I find the permissions for Moderation Queue and Reported Items?

Please answer so that someone of limited intelligence like myself can understand. :D

18. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It can't really be made much clearer:

The Moderator Bar is visible for all users who are made moderators. However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
    • Moderation Queue - View moderated threads / posts and Delete thread by anyone and Edit post by anyone.
    • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.
    I've highlighted the permissions required in colour for each of these.

ibrian likes this.
  19. HammerDown

HammerDown Active Member

I have these settings all correct! I can see the moderation queue, other Superadmins can not! :cry:

20. Jeremy

Do you see them listed as moderators with those prrmissions?