How many xen domains have you registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelFX

In anticipation for xenForo to come out, how many or what domains have you guys registered. To build future xen plugins/mods/other and or even fan sites?

Got one so no-one else could. Don't intend on using it, though I may.

banghead.gif

No offense, but I think everyone is wasting money. That is unless they plan to make a customized mod and even then your taking a huge risk at it.

I'd rather see the community here have a mods section instead of a new xenforo.net org etc... Keep it all in one area instead of making various sites and what not.

I love having everything in one area, than having to go to one site for a design another for a mod etc.. etc..

That all depends on whether Mike and Kier plan on going all anal like vbulletin did which killed their third party outlets, thus promoting their product on their behalf. I should say IB, as it was that point all the trademark infringements went out, thus killing off the majority of their third party industry.

Thats still ok... they are not in use. If it comes to me using them, I would be seeking permission from them regardless, just to make sure. I have lots of domains that redirect elsewhere already, so adding more to the equation is not an issue thankfully.

Na... there are still vbulletin domains running, you just need have permission to use it.

The only one I may venture towards later in time is generationxenforo.com, though I also have generationxen.com and xengeneration.com... depending on what I can use legally, what fits best, what I may have to use, at the time.

You can get permission from the trademark providers to use the name in a domain, which vbulletin allowed for a long time which certainly helped build them to who they are today, and still allow a few to use it who have permission. I couldn't imagine why xenforo would not approve people to use it on a case by case basis, as it would assist to build their brand providing the site was reputable / quality in nature to their brand. Xenforo themselves are the only deciders of that though... the worst they can ever say to anyone is no.

If you registered them less than 3 days ago you can ask for a full refund. That's how GoDaddy.com works.

The sad part though is that even if he were to do that then somebody else would just grab them who may or may not respect the "XenForo" trademark nor the wishes of the XF team.

Personally I'd rather see those types of URLs redirected towards an actual site instead of being left out there to be grabbed by the squatters who try to cash in on the name and throw up commission link pages.

True, having merged system like vs split like vb.com and vbulletin.org would be good. However depends on if the rules here allow for a section with commercial mods vs free mods. Or even how anything like that would even work.

Watches as Kevin formulates xenArcade
Actually it was already discussed in a thread in the OffTopic discussion. I think that Peggy mentioned Kier saying that they are planning on creating and allowing all type of modding/community development in this same forum. But we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom