1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many add-ons for usual user?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by gail, Oct 14, 2016.

1. gail

gail Member

About how many add-ons does the typical XenForo user use?

2. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

We areally using 14 add-ons currently

3. gail

gail Member

Thanks wedgar!

4. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

The amount of add-ons varies from forum owner to forum owner. It depends on which you need and what you want to accomplish with your site.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

What @DarkGizmo said.

I've currently got 19 add-ons (I've had more in the past). Some people have less. A few people have none. Some people have dozens.

It'll all come down to what you require for your site, whether or not it's a core feature of XenForo and if not, whether there's an add-on to fill the gap.

6. gail

gail Member

Thanks DarkGizmo
    Thanks Martok.

7. gail

gail Member

Thanks DarkGizmo

8. gail

gail Member

The reason I asked is I read a review on XenForo and someone said the average user has 30 plugins on their forum. Would having that many add-ons slow the forum down or anything?

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no such thing as an average number of add-ons.

Whether performance is impacted depends on the add-on, what it does, and how it has been coded.

DarkGizmo likes this.
  10. Dadparvar

Dadparvar Well-Known Member

We have:
    • 62 add-ons installed.
      • 12 disabled (soon 6 of them will be enabled to be used widely. We are waiting for their future versions. and 6 of them just be enabled when we need them. not always)
      • 50 enabled always and widely being used. even more than forums part of our XF.
    • in these 50 active add-ons, 14 of them are so big with tons of features (like: xfmg, xfrm, sc, ams, ubs, sg, ads manager, cometchat, and ...)
    So far so good. No problem yet. Everything works fine and we are happy with it.
    • I should add we still don't use any cache system or add-on. and we also don'e use cdn and ... yet (but we may start using them soon. not to improve performance, but for other reasons)
    so, as a result I think ("I think" doesn't mean I have this knowledge, but means I just experienced it. Maybe an expert says something against me and he may be right) as @Brogan said:
    + how you config the server.

11. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I currently have 40 addons installed on XF Liam, with 38 enabled.

Granted, I'm not a typical user and most of the add-ons are my own.

My site still seems nice and speedy though :)

Liam

12. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

My site has 16 add-ons installed and it's quite speedy. It also depends on your server's specs and performance.

13. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

I am having almost 68 addons installed :),
    No is increasing as I need more and more customizations for a good user experience.

14. empire

empire Well-Known Member

We have around 40 add-ons installed with no issues. Some add-ons are big and fully featured, but others are quite small.

The number doesn't matter, just make sure that all of them have a real purpose on your site. License renewal fees add up!

15. gail

gail Member

Thank you everyone for your great replies!!

16. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

RobinHood likes this.
  17. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

24 add-ons and everything works like charm

18. gail

gail Member

What a great group of people - thanks for your replies!! Looks like we'll be going with Xenforo :)

19. Sami Jalal

Sami Jalal Well-Known Member

The Admin Zone has ton of addons.

20. gail

gail Member

Thanks Sami!