How many add-ons for usual user?

What @DarkGizmo said.

I've currently got 19 add-ons (I've had more in the past). Some people have less. A few people have none. Some people have dozens.

It'll all come down to what you require for your site, whether or not it's a core feature of XenForo and if not, whether there's an add-on to fill the gap.

What @DarkGizmo said.

I've currently got 19 add-ons (I've had more in the past). Some people have less. A few people have none. Some people have dozens.

It'll all come down to what you require for your site, whether or not it's a core feature of XenForo and if not, whether there's an add-on to fill the gap.

Thanks DarkGizmo
The amount of add-ons varies from forum owner to forum owner. It depends on which you need and what you want to accomplish with your site.

Thanks Martok.

The reason I asked is I read a review on XenForo and someone said the average user has 30 plugins on their forum. Would having that many add-ons slow the forum down or anything?

We have:
  • 62 add-ons installed.
    • 12 disabled (soon 6 of them will be enabled to be used widely. We are waiting for their future versions. and 6 of them just be enabled when we need them. not always)
    • 50 enabled always and widely being used. even more than forums part of our XF.
  • in these 50 active add-ons, 14 of them are so big with tons of features (like: xfmg, xfrm, sc, ams, ubs, sg, ads manager, cometchat, and ...)
So far so good. No problem yet. Everything works fine and we are happy with it.
  • I should add we still don't use any cache system or add-on. and we also don'e use cdn and ... yet (but we may start using them soon. not to improve performance, but for other reasons)
so, as a result I think ("I think" doesn't mean I have this knowledge, but means I just experienced it. Maybe an expert says something against me and he may be right) as @Brogan said:
performance is impacted depends on the add-on, what it does, and how it has been coded.
+ how you config the server.

We have around 40 add-ons installed with no issues. Some add-ons are big and fully featured, but others are quite small.

The number doesn't matter, just make sure that all of them have a real purpose on your site. License renewal fees add up!

Top Bottom