Give us control on how many attachments can be upload.

ACP/Options/Attachments/Maximum attachments per message

That isn’t sufficient enough?
NO. That setting now only works up to 50.

I have thousand of images / videos to upload into XFMG I'm self hosted and can can control server resources. Previously as per Chris's instruction https://xenforo.com/community/threads/attachment-limit.192905/post-1509007 I could set whatever limit I wanted. Generally for my users 100 was enough. But when I do a mass upload I've set it as high as 500 for images and 100 for videos.

I, we know why they have done this. They don't want their servers being buried in the cloud service. But for those of us that run self hosted image sites its a crushing punishment.

I, we know why they have done this. They don't want their servers being buried in the cloud service. But for those of us that run self hosted image sites its a crushing punishment.
This isn't the case because they can just disable the option on their cloud software exactly like they have done for other options that don't apply.

If you say so. Why give us an option to select how many attachments on a post then hard code limit it to 50?

I took a few days off to do mass posting only to find that my work is doubled no tripled. They don't answer posts here half the time. I opend a ticket to be told I'd have to get support on the forums. meh

There's more than Xenforo's ability to handle it or server processing resources.

There's also:
1. Bumping into the maximum HTTP post header size the server can except.
2. Bumping into the file open dialog maximum number of files (200 for Chrome).
3. Maximum size of the tmp partition.
4. Maximum PHP execution time, which is likely going to be exceeded when a very large number of files must be processed for thumbnail creation.
5. Exceeding the web server connection timeout while PHP is processing thumbnails.
6. Chrome's maximum combined file path size (32K)
7. Less likely, though possible, is the maximum number of per process open files the system has set if it's low.

If you say so. Why give us an option to select how many attachments on a post then hard code limit it to 50?

I took a few days off to do mass posting only to find that my work is doubled no tripled. They don't answer posts here half the time. I opend a ticket to be told I'd have to get support on the forums. meh
There's more than Xenforo's ability to handle it or server processing resources.

There's also:
1. Bumping into the maximum HTTP post header size the server can except.
2. Bumping into the file open dialog maximum number of files (200 for Chrome).
3. Maximum size of the tmp partition.
4. Maximum PHP execution time, which is likely going to be exceeded when a very large number of files must be processed for thumbnail creation.
5. Exceeding the web server connection timeout while PHP is processing thumbnails.
6. Chrome's maximum combined file path size (32K)
7. Less likely, though possible, is the maximum number of per process open files the system has set if it's low.
Okay, I'm in a better frame of mind today.

Yes I agree with all that. As a user not a developer, I have a different set of wants and needs and I just want to get a job done. Its also why I hire you to tweak my system so I can do these jobs ;)

Top Bottom