Best Add-ons for XF Forum

Ryan Kent

Hello All,

I am about to start my first XF forum in 10 years. My question...what XF Add-Ons do you add to every (or most) new installations of XF? For example, so far I have:

App for Cloudflare https://xenforo.com/community/resou...r Cloudflare,and setting adjustments a breeze

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] https://xenforo.com/community/resources/image-optimizer-for-xf-2-0.6030/

Can anyone share the list of add-ons they would add to a new forum site?

In case it matters, the new site will be a gaming site designed to support a major upcoming MMORPG.

Kind Regards,
-Ryan

For security:

I think those are great additions for security.

Hello All,

I am about to start my first XF forum in 10 years. My question...what XF Add-Ons do you add to every (or most) new installations of XF? For example, so far I have:

App for Cloudflare https://xenforo.com/community/resources/app-for-cloudflare®.8750/#:~:text=The [DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare,and setting adjustments a breeze

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] https://xenforo.com/community/resources/image-optimizer-for-xf-2-0.6030/

Can anyone share the list of add-ons they would add to a new forum site?

In case it matters, the new site will be a gaming site designed to support a major upcoming MMORPG.

Kind Regards,
-Ryan
@Bob 's Article Management System (AMS) and Showcase or Item Management System or User Blog system dependent on needs.

AMS would be important for sure. IMS (item management system) can be used to create a database of things which could be good for a game.

For security:

I think those are great additions for security.
I can vouch for Digitalpoint's security addon. I haven't used the others personally though, Ozz does make good addons.

I find these addons very useful for my site:
  • ($) XF's official Media Gallery
  • [AH] Gamer Profiles (if your running a gaming related community like mine, that can show their games on steam/xbox/playstation in their postbit)
  • ($) Advanced BBCode Pack by Xon [though you could add your own if you know how to code them, I don't, so an addon helps save tons of time]
  • ($) A bunch of @AndyB's addons. One $35/yr sub gets you access to ALL his addons, 400 of them
    (most are simple little additions/tweaks; but the calendar addon is really nice)