How is XenForo so fast?

Deepmartini

Other forum software just crawls along. How can you be so fast? Is this because of the servers? Will it be as fast on shared hosting?

We are not using a particularly fast server, we are just enjoying the benefits of a well-designed, lightweight architecture that has been designed from the outset to be highly flexible, have minimal overheads and very high performance.

I should note that we are not currently running with any of our caching features enabled (they need further testing) but when we turn those on we expect another big boost in performance.

We are not using a particularly fast server, we are just enjoying the benefits of a well-designed, lightweight architecture that has been designed from the outset to be highly flexible, have minimal overheads and very high performance.

I should note that we are not currently running with any of our caching features enabled (they need further testing) but when we turn those on we expect another big boost in performance.

Impressive!

I was going to respond that the Xenforo core is magic and it's powered by dreams, but the real answer is wonderful nonetheless ;).

Lawrence, I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

images

If you manage to have the forum, cms, blogs, gallery, downloads, mods, etc etc... all run on what could be called the average community today, then I think you may just take out the majority of the competition with that alone. Performance is such a big factor in what users want... It is one part right now that alone captivates my curiosity.

-less features
-less code
-no inline javascript (none to very little)
-less http requests
-no tables

classes, functions, and number of queries are kept to a minimum (and optimized)

Top Bottom