• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How is XenForo so fast?

Deepmartini

Other forum software just crawls along. How can you be so fast? Is this because of the servers? Will it be as fast on shared hosting?

thedude

i'm assuming efficient coding and proper static content caching as well compressing things like js and css on the initial download...

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
We are not using a particularly fast server, we are just enjoying the benefits of a well-designed, lightweight architecture that has been designed from the outset to be highly flexible, have minimal overheads and very high performance.

I should note that we are not currently running with any of our caching features enabled (they need further testing) but when we turn those on we expect another big boost in performance.

Deepmartini

The software is so fast it's almost like being in a chat room but with the benefits of capturing all the knowledge forever by having it in a forum post. It's the ideal solution!

0ptima

We are not using a particularly fast server, we are just enjoying the benefits of a well-designed, lightweight architecture that has been designed from the outset to be highly flexible, have minimal overheads and very high performance.

I should note that we are not currently running with any of our caching features enabled (they need further testing) but when we turn those on we expect another big boost in performance.
Impressive!

Mr_Bob

I was going to respond that the Xenforo core is magic and it's powered by dreams, but the real answer is wonderful nonetheless ;).

Anthony Parsons

If you manage to have the forum, cms, blogs, gallery, downloads, mods, etc etc... all run on what could be called the average community today, then I think you may just take out the majority of the competition with that alone. Performance is such a big factor in what users want... It is one part right now that alone captivates my curiosity.

Princeton

-less features
-less code
-no inline javascript (none to very little)
-less http requests
-no tables

classes, functions, and number of queries are kept to a minimum (and optimized)

Dean

The software is so fast it's almost like being in a chat room but with the benefits of capturing all the knowledge forever by having it in a forum post. It's the ideal solution!
Exactly. That is what I think when people keep asking about instant messaging / chat box suggestions.