• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

How I created my external pages.

Of course not. I would like the existing page to appear.

On your site right now when I visit www.animelon.com/booru your image page appears. The URL is /booru, not /booru.php or /booru.html. That idea.

I will try Daniel's suggestion today and hopefully it will work.
When I said blank page I mean a clean page for you to mod...

edit = here I made this just so you get an example.

Attachments

Going on OP's method if I wanted to create a link from the main external page to a template, How would I achieve this.
<a href="????

you can't link to a template via <a href="templateName".
You'll need a controller (new or existing one) which parses the template.

I have created an external page with sidebar, /en/comics/
I have placed an imagerotator script in the sidebar and it works great.
I have placed the following code in my EXTRA.css in order to remove the visitor panel data.
I only want the visitor panel data removed from my designated external page, appear on all other pages with a sidebar. Please advise.

Code:
.sidebar .visitorPanel {
    display: none;
}

peace

I guess you can create a new class or add a new css in the comics template, create it and try to put !important

I believe that there is a way to specify exact page to apply CSS changes via the EXTRA.css template. it is just escaping me right now. peace.

UPDATE: template name is used to specify page name as I am using a unique template with each of my external pages.

I have taken things a step further utilizing EP_Comics.css template instead of using the EXTRA.css template altogether.

This code is for EXTRA.css template if you choose to go that route.
Code:
.EP_Comics .sidebar .visitorPanel
{
}

This code is for EP_Comics.css template - you would not place redundant code in the EXTRA.css if you go this route.
Code:
.sidebar .visitorPanel
{
}

How about using alternative page container with external pages... I am starting to experiment with this concept. Anybody else working along same areas?

I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate multiple frames into my external pages.
What would that be used for ? The only situation i've heard about for frames is iframes when trying to get one software to appear integrated into another software. The big criticism was major SEO problems.

I am referring to the page container itself, not interested in content as I have my own .. peace
There's nothing ATM, but we decided to use one, because we need 3 areas (2 sidebars) for the cms (left,center,right) and a own navigation. Also it's IMHO better for us to use own dependencies, so we don't need to deal to much with the original xenforo public dependencies and inserting own data into them...

Top Bottom